Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013

I don't know about everyone else, I'm real ready for 2013 to be over!

I've enjoyed my stay in the South so much.  Too bad I have to get back to the real world and leave all this beauty behind.

An example:  Sunday morning a fog had settled down over the bayou.  It was so quiet and peaceful.  A couple of fish splashing and a few birds chirping - no traffic sounds, people sounds, sirens.  I could get used to this real quickly!



Needing to head to the market to get fixings for New Year's Day.  I guess I need to coordinate that with my sister-in-law.  I'm looking forward to the traditional fare tomorrow of black-eyed peas and cabbage.  For health and wealth.  Could use both of those in 2014!

I won't post again until I get home but just wanted to remind everyone of what Mom always said ....

.... Whatever you do on New Year's Day, you do for the rest of the year!

Don't forget to take some stitches!

Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Happy New Year!! Hope yours is the best yet!

Miss Jean said...

I'm glad you are having a wonderful time. We made a quick trip to Louisiana one year on our way to Pensacola. We would love to return some day and take our time - but not in June like before!

Happy New Year!

Darlene said...

I'm really glad that you've enjoyed your visit "home".

Yes, I'm very ready for 2013 to be finished. Bring on 2014.

I'll be taking a few stitches tomorrow; I want to sew, quilt and stitch like a crazed woman in 2014. LOL

mascanlon said...

Happy New year Vicky! I am looking forward to 2014 too, one step closer to retiring and thats a very good thing. Love this quiet view, yep you could get used to that very quickly. I will be sure and sew a little tomorrow...not much cause babies coming to stay for a few days but I think a hexie or two will suffice for this purpose!!

Nini said...

I never heard that saying of your mothers before, I'll have to remember it for forth coming years! I did some cleaning up in my sewing room on New Years Day, but no sewing. I have too many unfinished projects in my room to leave them all year, need to get sewing!