First up was the Moda Modern Building Blocks. I started this quilt in September of 2014. I thought I just needed to find the backing, get it pieced, and it would be ready to send off.
I pulled it out of its tub and was immediately stuck in the finger by a pin. Apparently I had pinned the top and bottom halves together and had never sewn the seam. How dumb is that? (sigh) So that's first up on the agenda.
The next one I pulled out was the Metro Scope blocks that I made using the Quick Curve Ruler. I started this one in July of 2014. Apparently I started a lot of things in 2014 .......
I needed to fix this block. Right before I moved, my friend, Mary Ann, and I went to the Quilt Loft in Upland CA, and I brought these blocks with me so I could get the backing. I told Mary Ann something seemed off and I couldn't figure it out. She took one look at it and saw that I had flipped a corner. It's the top right, and you can see that I sewed it backwards. I will get that one fixed, the blocks sewn together, backing pieced, and find someone to quilt it for me.
This isn't much on the sewing front, but it's a move forward in my little world. Hooray!
My handy man came over yesterday and we measured where I want to put the design wall. Next weekend I'll pick up the supplies and hopefully that will be done soon. I have two or three sets of quilt blocks that I need to get up on a wall so I can get them arranged. I've given up on doing it on the floor -- I can't get up and down easily, and Penny loves to run through the blocks and scatter them!
I didn't do squat this week as far as quilting. Not even an appliqued basket. Before I get back to those, though, I need to finish a binding.
No more starting something and not finishing!
Remind me I said that!