Saturday, January 02, 2016

Cold and Dreary

I stitched on New Year's Day and finished up another Ziploc bag of baskets this morning.  There are 20 in each bag.  I have now completed 240 baskets with 51 more to go!  It's always exciting when I can see the end of a long-term project!


This is the Trick or Treat quilt from When the Cold Wind Blows by Blackbird Designs.  Even though I haven't finished the baskets, I might spend a little time today making a plan for appliqueing the 48 setting triangles. 

I just took a stroll around the yard and it's awfully cold out there.  Okay, "cold" is a relative term in the South but I guess it seems colder because it's dreary and damp.

The white camellias are blooming.  The reds will open in a few weeks.  This particular bush has stunning pure white blooms, and another bush has white blooms with yellow centers.  The solid white is my favorite.


Penny spent a lazy day yesterday, New Year's Day.  I felt bad because Santa only gave her recycled toys for Christmas, so I picked up a squeaky toy for her.  She won't let it out of her sight!


I heart my dog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and getting back to your quilt projects. I enjoy your blog and hope now you can write more.

Sherrill said...

UGH! It's been cold here, too!! I LOVED the warm part of Dec. :-) Those camillias are BEAUTIFUL. Don't think they grow here in Ft. Worth, darn it. You are almost done with the baskets--YAY!!

Marilyn said...

My dad was not a gardener except for his camellias. We had a lathe house out in the yard, just full of camellias. There must have been 40 bushes in there and the house was just full of them when they were blooming. Happy childhood memories.

I have one more seam to sew on our new baby Emma's quilt top. I may need to go shopping for backing and then get it on the longarm.

Spent my afternoon getting a new band for my new fitbit online...they were wonderful to work with.

Vicky, hope your New Year is just wonderful for you! Love you girl!

Marilyn

mascanlon said...

when is Penny's birthday? I might have to send her a present! I am so impressed with your progress on the baskets Vicky. And there are triangles too?

Kristie said...

Love little Penny. Love seeing your basket blocks...makes me want to get mine back out and work on them. Not sure of how many that I have done but I know it's not as many as you have.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie