Monday, August 11, 2014

A Week of Sewing

I spent a lot of time in my sewing room last week.  I accomplished a lot, but only one picture to share this morning.  My home internet service is completely out - a change of service providers here and they only will sign me up for a two-year contract.  Since I'm only here for a couple of more months, I certainly can't do that as they do not service the little town I'm moving to.  So I'll just have to work off my iPhone tether until I get moved and get service there.  I feel so out of touch.
 
 

All of the Weeds blocks are made.  This is the cute Me and My Sister pattern.  I just need to press these and assemble the top.

I also picked up two of the many quilts I dropped off to be quilted, and I got the binding all done on those two.  One is the purple and green batik for my hairdresser, and the other is a small quilt.  I'll try to get pictures posted of those this week.  If I cross my fingers and hold my mouth just right I can get a picture downloaded!

I opened a box and found three or four mini quilt tops I made over the past couple of years. I'm just going to grid quilt those myself and get them done.  The backings were with them.  I'll try to get those sandwiched and pinned this week - after I get the two tops for Brenda Riddle's Quilted Comfort project off to the quilter.  I've put off doing those because I have a tough time piecing those backings with a limited range of motion in one arm and a bum neck and back.  (Dang, I'm falling apart in my old age!)  No more procrastinating, though!  Time to get them where they need to go!

You know how I always say I have to do everything twice?  Well, the hospital called me late Friday.  Apparently all the blood I gave them last Wednesday wasn't enough, so I have to go back this morning and do it all over again.  Naturally I asked if they would just do one more vial to get the amount they need.  Nope.  They need to just start the process over and get four vials this time instead of three.  At least I don't have to go back through outpatient registration; I can go straight to the vampire's den lab and ask for this guy.  And hopefully my new prescription glasses are in and I can pick those up while I'm out.  I found hand stitching those bindings down a bit challenging, even sitting under a light. 

My next projects are going to be whatever I can get my hands on here without unpacking tubs of fabric.  I should have planned better and kept some things out.  This past month has been so surreal.  Planning to move was absolutely NOT on my to-do list for this year!

11 comments:

Sue said...

Love the quilt you are working on ! Looking forward to seeing this one when you are done

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What Sue said! :-) LOL I've had you and your move on my mind. Sorry the cable co wouldn't work with you for a couple months. Have a good day!

Carolyn said...

Moving my not have been part of your plan, but think how wonderful it will be when you're finished in a few months! Have you looked at longarms for your new space yet? :o)

Thelma said...

That whole internet provider story is unbelievable! I think I would have to make a daily trek to Starbucks to survive, but maybe you'll find you don't need the internet as much as you thought and have more time. Let me know! Enjoy whatever you're working on these days, that's the beauty of retirement, everything should be enjoyable. Except for that blood draw thing, another unbelievable story! You're taking that better than I!

Darlene said...

I'm liking what you're doing. Pretty colors!

The whole internet provider thing is surprising to me. You'd think they take whatever business they can get - I dislike contracts like that.

Just pull out a project and have fun.

Karen said...

How excited you must be with the count down on to retiring and moving.

antique quilter said...

glad you have been sewing, moving forward with the packing and sorting. do you have an I Pad? you can buy internet service for just that here it is $15. a month , you might want to look into that I have mine thru ATT
good luck with the bloodwork, crazy story….
Kathie

Rebecca said...

What did they BREAK all the vials drawn before? Hope you have better veins than I do!! I'm trying to figure out how I can get requests from 2 doctors for bloodwork drawn at the same time next week!! It seems they never send results to the 2nd doctor so makes it a hassle to get results from each.

mascanlon said...

Really...only a 2 yr contract...ridiculous! See if you can up the data on your ipad without cutting your fabric budget...speaking of I will text you may latest ridiculous purchases.

Katie Z. said...

I am so glad you are getting lots of sewing!

Nini said...

Love that pattern and fabric! It will be exciting to see it finished, but take your time. You need it, now that you'll be bled dry and have to pack on top of that. Yikes!