Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Don's Wonky Leaf Quilt


Almost finished. I have the binding made and will machine it on tonight. Then I can sit by Daisy the rest of the week and do the hand stitching on it. Beautifully quilted by Judy! Don's going to love it!

I haven't figured out how to adjust colors on this camera yet. But, hey, at least I can get them to post!

Busy day at work today. Then high wind warnings posted on all the lighted signs on the freeway coming home. It's really howling, and the leaves are totally covering my front stoop and sidewalk. Daisy was up to her chest in them when we walked out the door tonight. Of course, with four inch front legs, I guess they weren't that deep!

Gratitudes:

* Convictions
* Chipotle cashews
* A roaring fireplace

19 comments:

Carol said...

It is beautiful...looks like the floor of the forest.

Anonymous said...

The leaves look great!

KC Quilter said...

Oh, wow! That is a beauty! I love blocks tilted like that. Great color choices.

Gail said...

Those leaves are wonderful, they look so real! Nice job.

Joyce said...

The leaves look great. I guess they match the ones flying around outside.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the twist and turn of the leaves...

Darlene said...

Beautiful, Vicky. Don's going to love it.

Susan said...

What a stunning quilt..

Nancy said...

It's beautiful! He's going to love it for sure. :-)

Laurie Ann said...

That quilt is just lovely!!! I'll bet Daisy hates it when it snows. Not too much and she would be knee deep!

Patti said...

Just beautiful Vicky! I know he will love it. I really like that particular leaf block better than most of those that one sees. I like the wonky setting also - makes them look like they are blowing in the breeze.

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice quilt Vicky! And how funny that you're getting wind at your house. I only live about 10 miles from you at the most, and we haven't even had a single leaf move! Anyway, makes for good quilting weather!

Pam said...

I really like how you wonked these with 2 colors opposite each other...love the effect.

Sweet P said...

I love using a tilted setting like you used on your quilt. It adds so much movement to a quilt. Don is going to love his quilt.

Jane Ann said...

Love it. Is there a pattern? My husband wants an autumn leaves quilt and this might be just the thing. I know you love applique, so was this more hand work than machine work?

Cher said...

this quilt came out so nice!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is stunning, is there a pattern? I've been looking for something like that.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful.

ForestJane said...

Very, very nice! The tilted setting is wonderful, and super color choices too!i