Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Off to Retreat in the A.M.


I didn't get home until almost 8:00 tonight. I called my hairdresser and she agreed to take me in at 7:00 for a recut. She left this short hair way too long. It's so thick and slightly curly, so it was doing all sorts of weird things since my haircut on Saturday. Now I think I can manage it okay while I'm gone. I just didn't want to have to spend an hour each morning on it.

I got almost all the way home and felt something in my pocket. My file cabinet keys. Geez. So I turned around and went to the CEO's house and knocked on the front door. His wife thought it was funny. I'm so glad I found them. Imagine the problems that would have caused tomorrow!

I'm waiting on socks and underwear out of the dryer to finish packing clothes. I'm trying to figure out how to get the quilty stuff and clothes in one suitcase. It's always something!

Anyway, Jane is coming to get me at 8:00 a.m. and we're off to the airport. We're going to have so much fun. I can't wait. It'll be so good to see all my friends, and make new ones. And it's always great to get to be with Alex and Paula Reid.

Here's a sneak preview of Judy's quilting on my niece's quilt. It's beautiful, Judy. I can't wait to see it in 3D! Next week!

7 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Have a great time!

Nancy said...

Have a wonderful time and we expect LOTS of pictures when you get home. You DID get a new camera didn't you???

quiltpixie said...

safe travels...

Cher said...

great looking quilt/quilting so far.
I know you will have such fun-nothing beats going on retreat with a friend!

Darlene said...

Have a blast - you deserve this fun time!

Hanne said...

Have a great retreat!

Gail said...

Gorgeous quilt!