Saturday, July 05, 2008

July 4th Applique



I appliqued the whole day on the Prairie Paisley blocks. I finished up the stars, the centers and the leaves. Just have the berries to do on seven blocks and these are done. I need to go back and redo one center because the placement is wonky - or maybe not. :) Oh, and a good pressing, too! LOL

Today I'm going to start piecing the rest of the setting blocks. It's all downhill from this point. I want this top finished by next weekend.

Two mornings in a row now that I'm up at 5:00, even with the alarm turned off. I guess I can't turn off the internal clock.

The TV was on all day while I was appliqueing. I hardly ever do that. I watched all three "Jaws" movies back to back, and then the complete "John Adams" series. I'd like to get the DVD set of this series. Also, "Songs of Praise for America" was playing all day on a Direct TV channel. Even though I didn't cook or go anywhere to celebrate the day, between the fabric and the events on TV, it was real patriotic around here! God bless America!

Off to clean up a bit around here. Jane may come over later to sew.

One thing I've been doing this year is about once a month I go back to my 2006 and 2007 blog entries to see what was going on in my life at that time. Well, around this time in 2006 I had just begun working on "Strawberries for Lisa," and in 2007 I had the body of the Giterdun together and was about 80% finished with the applique on All Things Christmas. It seems like just yesterday that I was working on all of those!

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Stunning applique, Vicky! I'm getting ready to get back to my applique - it's been a very lengthy hiatus and I'm really missing it.

I'm so sad that I don't hear much from you anymore. :-(

((HUGS))

Passionate Quilter said...

such pretty blocks! congrats on your 500th post--missed getting into it, darn. :) And girl--you are going the WRONG way in stashbusting! LOL You've used a lot though and I'd say Kimberly must love you! LOL

Vicki W said...

These blocks are really pretty! Sounds like you had a perfect day.

little acorns said...

Time goes by so fast, doesn't it! I was just folding & stacking some quilts yesterday & I was thinking the same thing. But, I do love how we can measure our days with quilts! How wonderful!
(Can't wait to see your completed quilt top! It's been so fun 'watching' you work on it!)
xo, Bren

Donna said...

Beautiful blocks. The Prarie Paisley is lovely fabric and your applique looks so neat and nice.

Gretchen said...

Beautiful applique! What a wonderful way to spend the 4th!!!! I loved the John Adams series also especially the portrayal of Abigail.

Mar said...

so nice to see that you are working on something for yourself! It's gonna be so pretty!

Yvonne said...

I love them....you're making me regret not buying any of the PP line. Oops I forgot.....you bought it all. :) I'm glad you had a nice day.

Granny said...

Those applique blocks are so pretty. One day I'm going to do some real applique. I wish I could wake up without a clock at 5 a.m. Without an alarm, I'd probably wake up around noon! Don't you love going back and reading the old blog entries. I thought I was the only one who was so easily entertained.

Anonymous said...

I typically wake up on the weekends at 5:00 just like I do during the week, only on the weekends, it's without the alarm. I could probably do it on weekdays too, but don't dare risk that. That would be the one day I'd sleep until noon! LOL I know what you mean. Your applique looks very nice!

Anonymous said...

Vicky
Your applique looks so beautifully done. And you're so fast too! Wow, I'm impressed.
Hugs, LadyBaltimore