Saturday, July 17, 2010

Civil War Tribute BOM #5



Civil War Tribute BOM - Month 5. I've been skipping around on them. Not on purpose, but I'm behind, so I'm just grabbing a package out of the tub when I'm ready to sew. I started this one last weekend but just sat down to sew the rows together.

I think I still need to do Months 3 and 4. I don't know any more. I'm lost....

So this morning was a waste. I got up real early to be at the DMV office near my house to renew my driver's license. I was told over the phone that they were going to be open today. Well, they weren't. Whatever. Nothing is easy for me any more. I've sort of gotten used to the fact that nothing works, no one does what they say they are going to do, I have to do everything twice, yadayada.

It was 102 when I left the office yesterday at 5:30. The heat wave is supposed to break this weekend and we'll get back to normal temperatures. What? 98? I need a vacation - somewhere cool - for about six months. Well, a gal can dream, can't she?

Today Penny is alternating between sleeping on the patio and sleeping on the sofa. She stays out there until she gets real toasty, and then comes inside to cool off. But "sleep" is the operative word here. Totally useless dog! I think she's just practicing sunbathing in case she gets to visit Miss Helen next year at the beach!

Next weekend is the Long Beach quilt show!! Hooray!! Don't want anything. Surely don't need anything. But it will be fun to walk around and look at all the booth samples. Can't wait!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you're just in a mood, which is ok we all need them sometimes, but you sound pretty unhappy.
I hope the weather cools off some for you, we've been way hotter than normal, but now storms, lots and lots of storms. And it's still humid!!

Anonymous said...

I hate days when things just don't go as I had them planned. Sounds like one of THOSE days! Bummer...hang tough and chin up!!

dianne said...

nothing is ever easy ... maybe that is the unwritten wizards' rule, eh?

sometimes playing the role of the Little Red Hen CAN get a little old.

it was hot here today, too - but i'm sitting under the swamp cooler fan and i have a bucket ready to fill with cool water (in case walking on cold tile doesn't cool me off) ... and life is good

Carol said...

Penny...Miss Helen says "Same time next year...make sure your bags are packed and you're ready to go!" LOL! Hope you both can stay cool1

Penny said...

Your blocks look lovely. Grab a nice cool drink and crank up the AC. Go in your stash room and fondle some fabric and dream. Maybe sew if you want. Life will look better. Have a great weekend and try to stay inside as much as possible.

pdudgeon said...

i love that block, it looks so pretty! Does it have a name?

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Love the blocks! I need to prep a few of my BOM blocks to work on when I have time. Max and Penny could be soul mates! lol