Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Belated Happy Thanksgiving

No, still haven't gotten batteries for the camera.

Penny and I had a great Thanksgiving with Jane and her sweet DH! There were four dogs there - the biggest, a mastiff, down to the smallest, Penny. It sure was funny watching them romp. I wondered how Penny would fare around Teeny, Jane's doxie whom she has never met, but she turned out to be exactly like the weenie I knew she was. When she walked in and saw the other three dogs, she rolled over on her back! She's totally submissive .... need to have a talk with her about that!

Friday I vegged, and today I pretended to clean house. Mostly I thought about cleaning house. That counts, doesn't it? I guess tomorrow I need to just do it. Oh, and watched the football game Friday. Geaux Tigers!

I did poke a couple of buttons at the Fat Quarter Shop. Just a couple. I'm being so good. I got in this Row Row Row Your Boat kit because there's a baby on the way. This is in case it's a boy. I love the It's Sew Emma patterns. I had previously gotten an Anne Sutton pattern and fabric in case it's a girl. I'm all set. I don't suspect I'll get it made by the time the baby is born but it doesn't have to be. As soon as I know the flavor, I'll start cutting.

Today I ordered The Spirit of Sacagawea pattern by Minick & Simpson. I fell it love with it when I first saw it on Laurie and Polly's blog, and was so excited when I saw it at the FQS. Goodness knows, I have more than enough M&S fabric to make this thing!

Tomorrow I run errands. I was avoiding doing them on Black Friday, and today I just didn't feel like getting out. My first stop will be to get new rechargeable batteries!

Hope everyone had a great turkey day! Now, onward to Christmas!

EDIT: Is anyone else having a problem leaving comments using their Google account? I've tried and tried this weekend to leave comments on blogs only to be told that no such account exists...... hello? I used it to make this blog post.

9 comments:

antique quilter said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, I think you needed the down time to just relax! watch some TV give Penny some attention !
maybe today you need to do some sewing! I saw that new pattern of M and S looks Wonderful! very fun project. Kathie

Becky said...

Geaux Tigers!!!! What a season! What a team!

Carol said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. There's a blog from Tanya called Friendship Crossing, blogger totally deleted her blog but they finally restored it admitting they made a mistake. It was very strange.

mascanlon said...

There something to said for just vegging! A bit of recharging for body and soul. Especially with all the busy weeks ahead!

badlandsquilts said...

I have had that happen about comments...there is a box that says stay signed in, be sure that is UNchecked and give it a try. Glad you had a nice holiday.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Blogger has had a few hiccups lately. Hopefully they got everything working again. I love a veg day! Relaxing is good for you. Have a happy week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Vicky. It's been a while since I've visited your blog. I was a tad busy myself. Sounds like lots has happened and hopefully your life will settle down some real soon. I watched that football game. A good one! Hope you can get back to quilting and using all that fabic you've been getting. LOL You never change. LOL
hugs
Bon

antique quilter said...

Hey how are you doing????
so have you pulled out any Christmas fabric and started sewing????
Kathie

Rebecca said...

What a day to drop in on your blog...I took a look at the Sacajawea pattern. Holy cow! That challenges every kind of quilting, both piecing and applique. You sure have gained confidence if you're planning to make that! Geaux Vicky!