Sunday, November 20, 2011

Boring Blogger

Just touching base to say nothing much has changed around here. I'm still on overload and still not sewing.

I did get caught up on sleep today (yesterday?) -- Saturday. The power went off for four hours in the morning, so I took a nap. Woke up in the late afternoon. Guess I needed that. I have to head to the office today to run payroll - as soon as the sun comes up.

Sure am looking forward to a four-day weekend. I'm going to start upstairs and clean my way down! The sewing room will be the last room I deal with, but I want to get those tubs of fabric that I'm organizing finished and out of there so I can get to my sewing machine.

Thanks for hanging in there with me ... and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for my loved one. She finds out on Monday what her chemo schedule will be.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Oh your nap sounds WONDERFUL! Enjoy that 4 day weekend...take good care of yourself and still sending lots of good thoughts for your friend!

antique quilter said...

good for you for sleeping and just taking it easy
I think next year is going to be your year of sewing and finally getting your quilting mojo back! I can't wait to see all those quilts you make from your sewing room retirement fund :) I will be here routing you on!
Kathie

Melanie said...

Good to hear from you-- Just got home from Louisiana.. thought of you. Enjoy your day off. The holidays are coming.

Unknown said...

You most assuredly needed the nap. I've been thinking of you I do hope soon you get some time for yourself.

Sharon said...

Yes, a 4 day weekend sounds lovely. What a job you've been doing, so hopefully things will settle down. It's the uncertainty of it all that can take it's toll. Passing on all the good wishes for your friend, many have gone before her and blazed the way to recovery, lets hope she also walks that path!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

A nap sounds great~ how nice that the power company arranged that for you. ;-)

Keeping your friend in my T&P's. Have a happy day!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

A nap sounds great! And its pretty important to keep up on sleep- seriously! have a happy Thanksgiving!

D said...

baAs a cancer survivor (different type) I will include your loved one in my prayers. I've been a lurker for awhile. Thanks for giving us your friend to pray for. Prayer helps us all.

Amy said...

You really did need some rest. You've been through lots of change these past several months. Keeping your loved one in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy Laquidara said...

I know you'll be glad to see this year end and a new year begin, hopefully with a much less frantic schedule and work load. Good luck to you, Vicky!