Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Decision

Remember this fabric from a blog post last month?





I've spent all morning going through patterns and, frankly, making the biggest mess of things, searching for the perfect pattern for this gorgeous Durham Renew 2011 fabric by Brenda Riddle.

Well, I could have saved an awful lot of time. The pattern I wanted to make was one of Brenda's that was sitting right there in front of me all along ---- Stitches in Time!

I had been looking at the darker quilt on that pattern cover out of the French General fabric. It wasn't until I really looked at the cover that I saw the pastel quilt in the background.

This is it!

I'm going to enlarge it a bit, and I am going to do the applique on the borders.

Isn't it gorgeous?! It looks like a fun one!

Brenda, I sure wish you had clunked me over the head when I first posted about your fabric! You could have told me that I already had the pattern that I needed to use! Or Bailey could have called Penny to tell her mom to open her eyes!

I'm excited! Yes!!!

It's now third on the list. I have a fun one to make, and then an obligatory baby quilt, and then I'm on to this one!

I love it when a plan comes together!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Good choice! I like both colorways. I'll have to keep it in mind as I have quite a lot of an older 3 Sisters line called Seaside Rose and need to do somwthing with it.

Connie said...

Very pretty. It's going to look so soft...

mascanlon said...

Lovely! And you are right the more dramatic version kind of masks the version behind. I do love the appliqué too.

Jen said...

sooo preeeeety! can't wait to see it!

Suburban Stitcher said...

oh that IS gorgeous!!!

Deb said...

perfect choice for the beautiful fabric!