Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sewing Weekend

Yep, you're on the right blog.  There's sewing going on around here! 

You'll just have to take my word for it, though, as my new computer and camera are still  not talking.  I'll try to get the whiz guys out again this week - fourth trip - to figure it out.  FIXED!! 

I finished up the Park Lane baby quilt.  Just need to piece the backing and get it off to the quilter.  I want to do a bias binding on this but I don't think I've ever done one before.  I watched a video on continuous bias binding and I'm going to give it a whirl.  But that can wait until the quilt is back from the quilter.




And I cut the second baby quilt out - or almost have it cut.  I'll finish that up here in short order.  It also calls for a bias binding.  See?  This dog is not too old to learn new tricks!  I want to get this quilt pieced this week and off to be quilted, too.

Then I can get back to my regularly scheduled ...... wait, I've hardly sewn in two years, so I guess there's no regularly scheduled anything! 

Made a big pot of spaghetti yesterday.  I'm good to go for supper today. 

I talked to my brother three or four times yesterday.  We're collaborating on a "project."  Long distance.  Lots of questions and descriptions going on.  It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.  LOL.  May be months in the making but we'll get there.

Off to finish cutting and begin my sewing day!

I had forgotten how much fun this quilting thing is!

17 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Hopefully you will get your camera issue figured out soon. Bias binding is easy, go for it!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Way to go!! I'm hoping to have a day in the studio myself! Good luck with the camera and computer issue. I got a new camera and had to figure out a new way to get my pics, too. What a pain!!

Carol said...

YIPPEE! Vicky's sewing again! ENJOY every minute!

Laura said...

Yay you!!!

mascanlon said...

Oh yea! Another big milestone on recovery road! I am going to get to sew today. Hope to finish up a toddler quilt, Julie's Yummy pattern and a mix of Aneela Hoey strips. Why is so hard to use those pre cuts...lol

Darlene said...

Wahooooo - you're sewing!!! I'm so excited to see that you've finished a very sweet baby quilt.

Strike up the band we're going to celebrate. :-)

Angie said...

I love this quilt, Vicky. :)

Wendy said...

Your on a roll now. Love the sweet quilt. Enjoy!

Melanie said...

Nice seeing you post... darling piece... false advertising-- makes you want one!!!!

Glenda in Florida said...

You can make the continuous bias binding. The secret is having the right instructions, so I'll share the best ones I've ever seen.
http://pir8.freeservers.com/quilting/CBT/
And, to make your binding extra cute--use stripes or plaid whenever possible. I use bias binding on all my quilts--SOG wears out much too quickly.

Kristy said...

so glad to see you are quilting again. Love the quilt pattern. Very sweet. Keep it up! K-

antique quilter said...

very pretty!!!! yeah your sewing again.
bias binding is easy I do it all the time...any questions just let me know
Kathie

Judyt said...

Beautiful quilt, Vicky. The fabrics are scrumptious! So happy to see you are sewing again!

Mimi said...

Oh, that quilt is so pretty. Some baby is going to love it.

Barbara said...

So glad you are back quilting. This link will bring you to the best method I've ever tried for making bias binding. Everyone I share it with just loves it.
http://quiltsnkaboodle.blogspot.com/2011/04/quick-bias-binding-tutorial.html

Bennett and Graves said...

http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2012/08/one-way-to-make-bias-binding.html

The best directions for doing bias binding I have found so far. And I haven't tried it yet either.

Eleana said...

Hey Vicki... it's Eleana from Claremont.. glad to see you're posting.. i'll keep checking your blog out.. keep sewing.. hope to bump into you at Gingers:)