Saturday, February 02, 2013

Yea, It's Saturday!

And Saturday means sewing starts for the weekend ... after a haircut, a car wash, and a market run!

I plan on finishing up the Brrrrr Park/Winter blocks and start setting them, but I need to do a quickie first.  Well, I think it's going to be a quickie, but you know how that goes!  Whenever that's done, it's back to my quilt.  Finish what I start, you know!

Like Thelma, I've been thinking about the next quilt I want to make.  I'm going to knock a couple of things off my Short List first, but I think this one will be next up on the cutting table.


It's from the book Summer Gatherings by Lisa Bongean and Carole Charles of Primitive Gatherings. The fabric is an old Judy Rothermel line.  I blogged about wanting to make this in August of 2011.  Think it's marinated enough by now?  :)

Kathie would have this knocked out in no time flat, but it'll take me a while to make.

A few months ago someone I was chatting with via email asked me why I didn't sew more or faster, etc.  That person had forgotten I work during the week.  It's just the way it is in my little world for now.  My goal is to retire, and that means working until then.   But, gosh, won't it be fun to get up in the morning with nothing planned for the day except whatever I want to do!  I can't even imagine that lifestyle, but I'm so looking forward to it!

Darlene almost inspired me to start making Schnibbles -- almost.  I think I'm going to stick to my plan for this year, i.e., some larger quilts for my beds, Christmas quilts, and attacking the Short List.  Maybe 2014 will be my Year of Schnibbles!  Remind me of that next year, Darlene!

I have an event to go to next weekend out of town, so no sewing then.  Penny will be able to accompany me.  That will be fun.  I think.  Anyway, this weekend is crunch time! 

Sewing time! 

Fun time! 

12 comments:

mascanlon said...

No sewing for me this weekend. abysitting for my youngest granddaughter Ilika, her folks are at the SuperBowl. I still have a few weeks off work so I hope to get a few small things done and then Ginger Stalks. I love your new project!

Darlene said...

Wonderful plans for the week end. Relax and enjoy!

I'm crazy about the Summer Gatherings project. :-)

I found stack of 100 2" strips I cut in Oct 2009 - talk about marinating. LOL

Carol said...

Have tons of fun sewing today! I love that quilt in Summer Gatherings! It will be awesome!

Katie Z. said...

I work as a stay-at-home mom, and I too look forward to a day where I can getup and do whatever I want! Although, seeing my mom as a stay-at-home grandma, I don't know if that will ever happen!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh that is going to be a cool quilt! I love seeing your weekend projects~ it inspires me to get busy with my projects! Have a fun weekend!

Wacky Woman said...

I'm retired and if I don't have a to-do list for the next day before I go to sleep, nothing would ever get done. Have a great sewing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend stitching away to your delight!

Kate said...

Heck, I'm home alone all day, and I still don't get as much done as I should/could. Trying to clear out some of the marinating projects, too, before starting on other stuff. I have a couple marked Schnibbles, too! :)

antique quilter said...

had to laugh, of course I have that book and looked at that quilt and now you have me thinking about it!
going to stay focused though and work on my quilts I have going now....
good for you doing the same...just lets keep thinking about it and ok pulling fabric for its ok too, agree?
Have a great Sunday
Kathie

Carolyn said...

I hope you make a lot of progress! I'm heading to my sewing room shortly. Spent yesterday running errands, so hope to get borders on a quilt today. Enjoy!

AnnieO said...

Ohhh, pretty! It's great that you have decided to stick with your plan and get that satisfaction from finishes. I haven't Schnibbled yet either, though I do own one of the patterns :) "Retired" is a title I want someday too!

Laura said...

I own some Schnibbles, but I haven't yet done any Schnibbles. Maybe next year we should have a Schnibble-along? :-)