I've been pondering things since I'm pretty much down for the count on sewing. Mostly I've been pondering my stash. I have beautiful fabric purchased with no particular plan in mind. I have tons of wonderful patterns purchased with no particular plan in mind. I have oodles of books purchased just because I thought I would enjoy reading them -- i.e., no particular plan in mind.
No particular plan in mind. I guess that means I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants kinda gal.
I really know what I like in my stash -- and what I could part with and not miss. That's probably where I need to start paring it down, taming the wild beast so to speak.
1. Do you purchase fabric for a pattern you already know you're going to make, or just because you like it?
2. Do you purchase a pattern because you have fabric that would work?
3. Do you have a person as the recipient in mind when you make a quilt?
4. Do you buy kits?
5. Do you purchase complete lines like towers, Jelly Rolls, etc., or do you like scrappy quilts?
6. Do you like individual patterns or books more?
7. Do you want to leave a comment to win something from my stash?
I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this matter.