Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nantucket Progress


I sewed a bit this weekend, but spent most of it running back and forth to the hospital for testing, testing, testing.  Honestly, I feel like a pin cushion.  At least I got the big stars together, and all of the other components are made.  I'm assembling those now, but probably won't get to sew much this week.



The scrappiness still bothers me, but not so much now that the stars are sewn together.  Oh, well, I'm committed at this point so I'll keep going.  The quilts that I fret over while I'm making them end up being my favorite ones.

I feel like the weekend was wasted.  I need a day to recuperate but it's off to work tomorrow.  However, I did find out that the freeways are just as crowded on Saturday and Sunday as they are during the week!

I'm sure I'll be caboose on this project as everyone else seems to be making great progress.  I can't wait to see everyone's version of Nantucket!




5 comments:

Carol said...

I am crazy about your stars! That is going to be an amazing quilt!

julieQ said...

Sure hope you get good results from all that testing. I love your scrappyness!!! gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Your stars looks wonderful, Vicky.

More testing, testing, testing ... sigh.

Karen said...

Love all those red stars. And I like scrappy.

pdudgeon said...

I just got my box of midwinter reds in this week. Can't wait until i can start in on this quilt, but it will be a couple of weeks yet before i get the chance to do so. If anyone is to be the "caboose" it will probably be me!