Saturday, September 20, 2014

Progress Stopped

I've gotten this far on the Moda Building Blocks quilt.  I realized that while I'd like to continue sewing on this right now until it's done, there are a few other things that I must do -- like packing!  This quilt has a large amount of fabric involved, and it's kind of in the way of other things I need to do.  So it's going in its own little container and will be brought out again at the other LA.

The wind was blowing.  Every time I'd get it all flat and move back to take a picture, the quilt would billow up.  Oh, well, this will give an idea of the progress made.


I went to a quilting retreat last weekend and had the best time with Darlene and Nancy and others.  The retreat was put on by Stars & Scraps, and they always do such wonderful retreats.  I got there late on Friday, so I was behind from the start.  I also want to work on that one, but packing takes precedent now!  It was a mystery retreat, and our cutting instructions called for 10" squares.  So I grabbed a layer cake of three older Minick & Simpson lines, Wiscasset, Bar Harbor and American Banner, and mixed and matched those.  I think the quilt will be pretty when it's done.  When it's done -- sigh!  Another quilt for the other LA.

However, I think there's still hope for this LA.  I was able to snag a kit that Carrie Nelson was offering a couple of weeks ago.  Thelma made the quilt and I love it!  This one doesn't take up much room, so I might get it out tomorrow and start cutting and stitching.  Well, maybe not tomorrow, but soon! 

The harder I try, the behinder I get!

I do have a sewing plan for the other LA, and that is to finish what I start!  No more excuses for putting something away. 

Remind me I said that!!

There's a lot of stuff going on right now and I feel overwhelmed and stressed, but I hope it will all work out soon.  I haven't been feeling so well, but that's the hand I've been dealt.  I'm just looking forward to the day when I can wake up and walk around the other LA house without dodging boxes and tubs and stuff.  Penny does, too!


11 comments:

julieQ said...

Love your progress so far!! You will soon be tucked in safely in your new home...enjoy!! You need a helper to help you pack up girl!!

mascanlon said...

Hugs!!! I am staring at Carrie's kit trying to keep my hands off. 3 things need to finish up first...really!

Carol said...

What fantastic progress...it will be so wonderful when you get to the other LA...that beautiful studio area will be amazing.

Darlene said...

It's beautiful, Vicky. Love the colors.

I'm anxious for you to get to the other LA, as well.

Carrie said...

The "behinder" I get... LOL

Perfectly stated. I understand - I sympathize - I empathize. But we all eventually get to where we need to be, right? (Please say yes.) Here's hoping you'll be in the other LA soon.

I look forward to seeing the "mystery" revealed, your combination of fabrics will be terrific.

Sherrill said...

Woowee, I know what you mean by the stress having just moved a year ago. It's tough to do it alone (as I did as well) and something I don't ever want to do again!! But soon you'll be there and you'll get back to your projects eventually. They're so pretty you MUST! LOL

Yvette said...

You have made great progress. I think those large blocks are harder than the little ones. I thought about you yesterday when I was sewing. My Bernina was unthreading constantly. I was ready to throw her out the window. Today she was fine. Ugh.
I think once you are home you will start feeling better. Stress does a number to our bodies.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, the dreaded packing! You can do it, and soon enough you will get to quilt to your heart's content (I hope!). God luck!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Great blocks! Hope you feel better and all goes smoothly...sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will be moved soon.

Esther said...

I was at the same retreat. Love them. If you are going in April, I will have to find you. Always read your blog. Good luck with that move!

Sherrill said...

WOW!! I know how you feel as I moved a year ago from a 3600 sf house to under 2000 (and I was only moving a few miles, not cross country!!). I know you'll get it all done and then getting settled--that's a whole nuther animal! LOL