Saturday, July 23, 2016

July Sewing

Not a lot of sewing this month, but I am easing back into it after a year and a half with nothing going on but bindings and applique.

Lucy ...


I am further along than this picture and I plan to get her finished up this weekend.  Lucy is a Miss Rosie pattern that she released just before going to work for Moda.  The fact that she also made up a kit was icing on the cake.  Carrie Nelson and Lissa Alexander are about the two most talented folks I know for pulling fabrics from different lines and making gorgeous quilts. Whenever I can I shamelessly snag their kits as I know I could never come close to the awesomeness of theirs!  Yes, I'm a follower ...

The top was just tossed down on the floor by my sewing machine and isn't laying flat.  I can see a wave in the outer border in the picture but I don't think it really is very wavy.  Just to make double sure, though, I'm going to stay stitch around the edge before it goes out to a quilter.  Better to be safe than sorry.

I have purchased very little fabric since I moved to the other LA.  I went through withdrawals, but that was probably a good thing because it was hard to get out to the mailbox in a wheelchair that first year here!  :)  This year I signed up for the Frivols monthly shipments from the Fat Quarter Shop, as well as their Sew Sampler monthly boxes.  I look forward to both of those shipments.  I also belong to the Miss Rosie and the It's Sew Emma pattern clubs through the Fat Quarter Shop, and it's so much fun to get those when they ship.  Lots of inspiration in those patterns.



This week I order a box of goodies from Brenda Riddle. She was offering scrap bags from her recent collections, and the proceeds of those go to her Quilted Comfort project.  I'm here to tell you that there are oodles of wonderful pieces from her Fleurs, Bespoke Blooms, Ambleside and Windermere collections.  I have come up with a plan for those, but first I just wanted to play in them for a few days!  I also ordered an FQ bundle of Fleurs and a gingham bundle.  I'll get two or three tops out of all that beautiful fabric!

The Sew Sampler box arrived, too, and it's a good one!  The It's Sew Emma patterns also came in.  Three packages this week!  I am in heaven!

I have an appointment in a little bit for a pedicure, and then I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend in the Cottage finishing up Lucy and will probably cut out a tablerunner.  I've been working on just UFOs for a while, and the need for a new project is beckoning!

5 comments:

Linda Enneking said...

So glad to hear you are back to quilting after your long recovery. I love reading about your projects, both quilting and decorating your new place. Please post your table runner when you get going on it.

mascanlon said...

Jealous, I got tired of sewing those 25 patch blocks the last week but I am on it tomorrow! And I do have half of the snowballs done that's where I got the tiny triangles for the pincushion. I have saved a bunch more but we'll see if I use them. Looking forward to seeing the table runner.

Carolyn said...

I love seeing you back in your sewing room and being productive! I'm slowly getting back to mine, just cleaned up the mess from doing my daughter's wedding invitations and I'm on to the next project, which is a quilt for the survivors of the Pulse nightclub shooting. Then to start working on signature blocks for a quilt for the aforementioned wedding. Should be fun! Hugs to you!

Laura said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun!

ytsmom said...

Hoping that you are safe and dry!