Sunday, March 04, 2007

Bundling Board - Almost Done


The final border is a dark plaid. It's been interesting working with these wovens and brushed cottons. It was hard to square the blocks as the fabric moved around so much. So while it's not perfectly square, hey, it's folk art!! This quilt was quick and fun to make. I learned a lot, and look forward to the next folk art/primitive quilt.
My brother is home and feeling pretty good. Naturally he's not well yet, and is having a bit of trouble getting around as he's so sore from the incision. I suggested he might want to get a walker to hang onto to keep from falling, and he said he already picked one up. He said it helps him stand up from a seated position, and he's able to walk more with the walker than without. We discussed when I should visit, and he wants me to wait until he's up and about. Since April's out because of tax stuff at work, it'll be more than likely the second half of May. I want to scout the area out for real estate while I'm there, too.
Jane came over yesterday afternoon, and we were rummaging through some stuff in a closet. She discovered I had two of the same kit in there. Then I went out to the car to get a quilt book I wanted to show her, and she pulled another one just like it out of a stack on the end table. That does it. No more buying anything! I don't even know what I have here any more!
Gratitudes:
~ Road to recovery for my brother and a good friend.

~ Sleeping 10 hours last night. I must have needed it!

~ Finally finishing a flimsy.

~ A good TV dinner. Those things sure have improved! :)

~ Bird chirping outside. It's crispy, cool and beautiful today.

~ As ever, my Daisy dog.
EDIT NOTE: Wow, I just noticed how uneven my spacing on the "flowers" are from block to block. I need to pay more attention to that ... but I've got an excuse for the fourth block; I prepped that one while I was waiting for news on my brother last Fri. night. (sigh) It's folkart, right? LOL


13 comments:

comicbooklady said...

I like those blocks! You've given me an idea for some plain old log cabin blocks I would like to spruce up.

Sweet P said...

Double books and double kits! It is time to take inventory in your room, isn't it? LOL!

I like your bundling board. Great job on it.

Gail said...

Spacing?? nah....its an optical illustion due to different background plaids--and its folk art! Seriously, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

Carol said...

I never would have noticed spacing being different if you hadn't mentioned it. They're flowers and no 2 flowers are the same :) Glad to hear your brother is recovering well.

Angie said...

I LOVE how that quilt top is turning out--and I can't wait to see it with the final border on!! I didn't notice the spacing being different at all! :D So glad your brother is doing so well.

Unknown said...

It's folkart and all the better for not being exactly spaced. I really love this top - the plaids, the simple flowers - just lovely!

Darlene said...

OK, since you won't give me that adorable quilt - you can send one of those extra kits. LOL

I'm so glad that Don is doing well. Recovery will be long and painful but he'll be back to his normal activities very, very soon!

Granny said...

You are too funny! I won't feel bad about ending up with 2 of a few of the same books now.

I don't see anything imperfect about those blocks! They are beautiful!

Rose Marie said...

Those blocks are great and I didn't notice your spacing out of line. I'm just itching to start something primitive. Have you ever bought the same fabric twice? When that happens to me, it's just because I needed more. :o) But books and kits, haven't done that yet.

Patti said...

Your top is perfect - wonderful - it just sings to me - and I can't see a single thing wrong with the spacing on any of the flowers. Yes - it IS folk art! Wonderful folk art!

Such good news about your brother. I'm so glad for all of you.

Unknown said...

I've done that before! I really like how your Bundling Board quilt is turning out. Which one will you do next? Glad your brother is recovering.

Cher said...

I think the spacing looks just right Vicki! it's good that your brother is on the road to recovery and you can look forward to seeing him soon.
take care of yourself!

Antonietta Kies said...

This is a great looking piece. Did you also invent the pattern?