Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Strawberry Hill

My next project: http://tinyurl.com/26h4yw Did I already say I love Anne Sutton's Bunny Hill patterns?

My online group has a new October challenge -- make a needleturn applique block. So I decided to start a whole new project. Typical! You don't have to say it. I already know that's how I end up with so many UFOs! LOL. But the quilt shown on the pattern is made from the Folklorique line. I've got enough of that stuff to make three or four quilts. So might as well untie one of those towers that I tend to hoard and put it to good use. I've started prepping the first block. Well, actually I started with Block #5, the big house block in the middle. Hopefully the quilt will be done in time to put out for Easter.

I'm having so much fun with this holiday stuff. I'm waiting for my next All Things Christmas block from the Fat Quarter Shop. I got a notification that something shipped today. Maybe that was it. Only two more blocks on that one, and the scalloped borders. Definitely will get that one finished as the blocks come in. The pumpkin quilt has stalled on four blocks. But this weekend I want to get the next two blocks prepped and ready to needle. So it looks like I've got Christmas, the fall and Easter covered! Just finished the Halloween top. Isn't this fun? LOL But I must make that Mardi Gras wallhanging. I don't think I'm allowed to post just the fabric again on next Mardi Gras!

I'm going to be car shopping in the next couple of weeks. I hate the thought of that. Ugh! Wish me luck!

Let's see. What else?

Oh, I'm feeling still kind of mediocre. Not sick, but not well. The crud is swirling all around me, but I'm drinking a quart of orange juice a day and washing my hands a million times a day, taking Tylenol. I truly hope I don't get sick. Maybe my poor old body will fight this one off.

But the most important thing in the whole wide world - the giterdun is done or nearly done. Did you seen the pink/green monster on Judy's machine? That's it. Okay, confession time! I was so sick of that thing. I mean, every time I looked at it, my stomach got upset. So I asked Judy if she could get the borders on it for me. She said YES! Boy, you've never seen me ever package up anything so fast! She's been awfully kind and saying she doesn't hate it and all, but I know she really does. And then it was so huge that it barely fit on her machine. She'll have to explain how she made it fit. I know I was pushing the envelope on our friendship by asking her to do that, and I hope she knows how grateful I am to her! Judy, if there's ANYTHING I can EVER do for you, all you have to do is ask! I OWE YOU BIG TIME! ILY!!

So that's it from my little corner of the universe. Nothing exciting at all. Hopefully I'll have a picture of some recent quilty accomplishment in the next few days. If not, stay tuned!

Gratitudes:

~ A good decision.
~ Friends.
~ Family
~ Work.
~ Daisy dog.

12 comments:

Darlene said...

A fun new applique project! Like you, I love those Bunny Hill Designs. Pumpkin Hill was my first major applique project after you shoved me off the fence. teehee

I'm so glad you sent giterdun to Judy. It's worth the peace of mind!

Anonymous said...

I like Bunny Hill Designs too. I am trying to finish Rabbits Prefer Chocolate right now, and have the kit for Baltimore Bunnies, but not started until I finish some stuff. I don't do needleturn though, I'm too lazy, I do the freezer paper and starch method.

Kim said...

Oh, good, I'm looking forward to seeing all the stuff you're working on! Sounds like a ton of fun! I told Sharon I'm bringing the drooling dog down to you and I'll just move in too--you have more stash than I do. Better yet, I'll leave the drooling dog here and move in with you! LOL! Take care and keep battling off the crud!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Strawberry Hill is so cute - I'm glad to read that "giterdun" is getting done .... LOL

Granny said...

That Strawberry Hill design is so cute. Do you think it's something I could do? It doesn't look really like there's too many tiny pieces but . . what do I know about applique?

I wish you'd stop about Giterdun! It's like cleaning someone else's house - it's always easier to work on something for someone else than it is to work on your own stuff.

You're going to love it . . but I think you'll be very glad to present it to its recipient and never see it again!

zizzybob said...

I didn't see a pink and green monster on Judy's machine. Is there a picture somewhere. I would like to see it.
Thanks

Mar said...

It's so fun to see you so motivated! ILY

Shelina said...

You have been busy - doing the Spooky Nights. Getting the Geterdun quilt done. And planning your next project. Congratulations!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OH BOY!!! Something shipped!! Better get the dolly out again and leave it by the front door......just in case. LOL!!!
Hope your feeling better soon cause word has it Kim's on her way down with that dang drooling dog!!! She's headed your way.

Yvonne said...

Oh boy...a new project. I love it. I just saw the back of giterdun and it's gorgeous! Tell Kimmers to leave the drooling furball at home...yuck. Sending feeling better hugs!

Sweet P said...

That's a pretty project. Have fun! I hope you don't get sick. What a rotten way to start fall.

Cher said...

hurray, hurray! I am so happy for you to have made that decision and Judy to bail you out-that is what good friends are for! I know once you hand that quilt over your heart will feel so light! funny how some projects just weigh us down. you are such an applique queen-enjoy this newest project-it looks so cute!