Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fabric Alchemy's Hand Dyes


This doesn't happen very often. In fact, it almost never happens. But I was totally speechless when I opened a package that was on my doorstep last night. This package of hand dyes is from sweet Teresa at http://fabricalchemy.blogspot.com/. I mean, I just stood there with my mouth hanging open!
She's been blogging about her experiments with dying fabric. These fabrics are gorgeous! I have purchased hand dyes from time to time, and none I've ever bought from the pros are as gorgeous as these. I think I see a new career in the making here! Oh, my!!
Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to search for the perfect pattern for them. I hate to even think about cutting into them, but perhaps the biggest compliment we can give a fabric designer/dyer is to actually use them! It's going to be hard to do, though!!
Teresa, thank you so much!! I'm still speechless!
I hope everyone bookmarks her site and visits often. You'll never meet a sweeter, more upbeat lady!

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh my....are they are ever gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with them. :)

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Wow, those are gorgeous fabrics. I am off to her site. Thanks for sharing. Colleen

Gail said...

They are BE U TEE FUL!!! Lucky you!

Kim said...

Wow! Those are really beautiful, Vicky! I hope you can find just the right pattern--that will be the hard part! Applique, maybe? I think that's what I'd do!

Granny said...

They sure look beautiful in the picture and I know whatever you make with them will be fantastic!

Anonymous said...

How pretty, you always get so many neat surprises waiting on your doorstep when you come home! I'm jealous!

MARCIE said...

meg, meg, meg! Kim expained the "meg" thing, and all I can say is I can't believe how "meggie" Meg must have been if YOU thought she was meggie. Have you ever considered a job in sales?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Those are great fabrics you have there. Very pretty. Can't wait to see what you make. And by the way, stay out of MY YARD with your pink flamingos. LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, those are beautiful.

Hugs,
Melinda

atet said...

Aren't those handdyed fabrics yummy? I was lucky enough to get a piece as well -- oh my!

Sweet P said...

I love your hand dyes. They are gorgeous!