Sunday, February 01, 2009

Stash Report Week 5



I haven't busted anything because the Heritage quilt is still in the works. I'm determined not to move on to something else until this one is done. I'll get a bust on borders and backing if I ever get to that point! I'm ready to start putting the rows together. It shouldn't take long, but I probably won't get that part finished up until next weekend. It's "that time of year" at work, and I'm way too pooped to sew at night during the week.

I've also been too pooped to poke buttons lately. I told Kimberly yesterday that I haven't even been to the Fat Quarter Shop to look around this week! Gasp!! If I'm not careful, they're going to remove me from their friends list! LOL

But thanks to preorders and automatic shipments, a package did arrive this week! Hooray! Love those packages on my doorstep! The first block of the Autumn House BOM by Bunny Hill Designs came! I'm so wanting to sit down and prep the block, but I'm going to stick with my plan to get Heritage finished up first. I know that if I start something else, then Heritage will become another UFO! I preordered the backing for the new BOM, so 3.5 yards in. The Fat Quarter Shop has sold out of this BOM, but here's a link to the Autumn House pattern at Bunny Hill Designs. I love Anne's patterns!

Today I must run a couple of errands and do laundry. Hopefully I'll find some time to sew on sashings, too!

Yes, I'm still in the negative, but I'm not too worried about that now. I know I'll be out of the negative with a Heritage finish, and borders/backing for Prairie Paisley Patchwork Party that's up next.

The two books purchased this week, plus this BOM shipment and backing, $101.77 in my savings account!

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 27.50 yards
Purchased: 48.125 yards
Net YTD: <20.625> yards busted

6 comments:

Carol said...

I love the "Heritage" quilt. I just quilted one for a local shop. You can see a pic of that on my blog. It was hard for me to come up with a good machine quilting solution.

Carol said...

Oops - carolkimble.blogspot.com

Lori in South Dakota said...

too tired to poke a button? Vicky-you must be EXHAUSTED! Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together.

Granny said...

You're doing great! The Autumn House pattern is so cute. If I thought there was a snowball's chance I'd ever applique, I'd get it but . . I still have that other applique pattern sitting here that you sent me about 4 or 5 years ago. Your Heritage quilt is going to be so pretty. It's ok that it might be next weekend before you work on it. . you're a busy girl!

Perry said...

Really like the Heritage quilt. It is going to be gorgeous. Kimberly will strike you off her list if you don't push buttons, not! Take your vitamins and stay well so you won't get sick during "that time of year"....it will be over soon!

Nan said...

I don't think you are going to let the Heritage quilt become a UFO - you are dedicated to finishing it now. Anne Sutton's patterns are just adorable! I want them all! I think you're doing great in your stash busting, by the by. Look at all the quilts you'll have finished, too!