Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Bailey"

Brenda Riddle of Little Acorns posted on her blog that she was reducing her quilt stash and offered several beautiful quilts for sale. Wow, I wanted a Brenda quilt so badly, so I poked the link and found my way to the quilts. I pondered and pondered which one, but I kept going back to "Bailey." Those of you who follow Brenda's blog will know why -- Bailey is her adorable puppy! Yep, I just went with the singing in my heart and purchased that quilt.

It arrived today! I could barely walk Penny for wanting to get that box open, and wouldn't you know it - she was dawdling tonight!

When I finally opened the box ... polka dots!! And all tied up with a sweet bow!



The picture on her site was kind of small and I couldn't see details, so I unwrapped the bundle with trembling hands. Oh, my goodness! It's absolutely gorgeous!





Brenda told me the story of getting this quilt finished for market, and her precious mother helping by hand stitching the binding on it.

Brenda, your beautiful "Bailey" quilt with your mother's hand stitching will be cherished by me forever. Thank you for the opportunity to have one of your quilts in my collection. It's very special to me.

11 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Lovely quilt...

Laura said...

Very pretty! Lucky you for having it in your collection. Has your work schedule settled down at all?

Lindah said...

Oh, Vicky! You struck it rich! So pretty.

Kim said...

What a beautiful quilt, and how lucky you were to get it! Certainly something to treasure!

Carol said...

Oh Vicky it is just wonderful! What a treasure!

pdudgeon said...

Vickey thanks so much for posting a close-up of the quilt. i just love all the unexpected details in the design! And of course dots are a favorite of mine as well, so i can really appreciate your excitement at getting such a lovely quilt. Congratulations!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Beautiful - love that block design. Hugs - Gail

rachel griffith said...

lucky duck.
:)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

How awesome! I was looking at that too! Glad you got it. Enjoy!

Quilted Quickies said...

Yes Vicky...you got a true treasure! Brenda is a dear friend of mine and when I logged onto you blog...I was like,"Hey, that's a Miss Bren Quilt!"Brenda's designs are beautiful! Enjoy your quilt and as always...kisses to Princess Penny!

little acorns said...

Hi Vicky. . . you are such a sweetheart. Bailey & I are so happy that 'his' quilt is now yours!
xo, Bren