I've sewn for two days - and I've loved every single second of it!
When taking inventory of the tub with the blocks, I was disappointed to find that I only had 30 done. I was sure there were many more than that. I did find lots of parts and pieces, and scraps cut to the correct size. I had done so much cutting up front. That's probably why I was sure I was further along. But it was very easy to pick up again.
So now I have 100 blocks done! Just need 44 more!
I made this project so much harder than it had to be by using the scraps. I had bits of fat quarters and small odd shaped pieces from which I was able to cut at least one square. There are a wide variety of fabrics, from Judie Rothermel dating back to the late 1990s up to more current reproduction fabrics from the last couple of years. Nothing was strip pieced. Those squares were sewn together one at a time! Tedious, sure, but so enjoyable!
I'm just about out of scraps now. Before I go cutting into yardage, I want to look around at the quilt show next weekend and see if I can't find some small cuts of blues and shirtings that might work for fillers. Variety will be key here.
This was a fun weekend. I definitely need to do this more often!!