Monday, July 31, 2006

August 1st


Is less than six hours away. I'm happy I challenged myself to the Great Fabric Depression. Relieved actually!

I'm psyched for this! I'm ready for any temptation that may come my way! I'm excited! I am woman, hear me roar! (Oops, I think I just dated myself!)

It was SO cool today, cooled down to about 80. Really beautiful overcast weather. But I was reminded on the way home that we're still in the midst of summertime and all the dangers that come with it. There was a caravan of firetrucks, Dept. of Forestry & Fire Prevention, heading east on the 210. I hope they're heading home and not to a fire. Either way, my prayers and thanks go with them!

And a very special thanks to Melzie for the neat logo! You RULE!!

7 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I spent the day playing with some of my fabric to remind myself why I don't need to buy any fabric for a whole month. Thanks again for sharing this idea with us.

quiltpixie said...

Maybe you could make a FAP with the theme from scraps in the stash and mail it to yourself...

SuBee said...

Heartfelt "GO GIRL!" - I made it one month last summer, and it gets really hard.
I'm near you in N. CA and I share your deep appreciation for the cooler weather - at last!

Silverthimble said...

Thanks for coming up with the "challenge" and sharing it with all of us. I too will be joining you in the challenge of not purchasing any fabric for the month of August!

Darlene said...

Good Luck! ;-) I'll be here rooting you on! teehee

Granny said...

Love the Fabric Depression logo!!

Here we go . . it's August 1 and I have no obvious signs of withdrawal pains yet!

Judy L.

Melzie said...

;) welcome anytime! xoxo melzie