Monday, August 24, 2009

Behind on Everything


I've been reminded not once but twice that I didn't post a stash report this week. I plumb forgot about it! I'm forgetting everything these days. Guess that comes with getting another year older!

I received a cast iron doxie boot scraper for my birthday. I set it down on the floor, and Penny went nuts! Here she's finally gotten up the nerve to check it out. She stood back from it and barked for a few minutes first! Like an old woman. If I move something, she takes great offense. I moved a few UFO tubs on Saturday morning, and she let me know she didn't like that one bit! What a goof-ball!

I am trying to catch up on my Charleston Harbor BOM. I love this BOM, but this month was a bit labor intensive! It's really coming together nicely eight months into it.

Penny is feeling great. She danced and pranced around for Jane and her DH on Saturday. Except she wore out about 8:00 pm and went and got in her kennel all by herself. That was the first time, but she did it again this morning. I think it's finally sinking in that that's her safe haven. This puppy thing is coming together nicely, too.

7 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

So glad Penny is doing so good and she is happy and feeling safe. I just love the animals so much!!!!
It is nice when they start going in their crate on their own. You should see a lot of changes in her as the weeks go by.
Love you all, Fern

Judith said...

Congrats on your birthday. Penny really sounds like a cute dog.

Unknown said...

She is sooooo cute !!

love

mayumi

debbie said...

Oh, My, when I saw that photo, I thought Penny got herself a new little brother or sister! We're all glad she's recovering nicely and getting back to her little doxie self, and the Thomas girls and boy are sending lots of little beagle kisses!!

Miss Jean said...

Penny is turning out to be such a great little dog!!!! Our first Scotty was very demure and quiet. A real lady. Now along comes Maggie! Hold your horses! Talk about polar opposites. She's a hoot, too. Wouldn't change a thing.

Stephanie D said...

Tandi is like that--very OCD. I once put a vase of flowers up on the Hoosier (5 feet above her head), and the minute she rounded the corner into the kitchen, the barking commenced! Nothing escapes her notice.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I have one of those cast iron doxies, too!! We had one growing up and I have no idea what my mom did with it when they moved, but I found one in a flea market in June. I love it!! My dogs were unsure about it at first, but now they ignore him. :)