Thursday, May 19, 2011

Work Anniversary

Today is my work anniversary - 17 years. On one hand, it doesn't seem that long. On the other, it seems like a lifetime.

It's really just another day. Nothing special at all. I spent yesterday boxing up some things in my late boss' office which gave me a lot of reflection time on these past 17 years. My job hasn't always been easy but it surely has been interesting, especially watching his company grow and become what it is today. I learned so much from him. Those teachings are, I feel, a legacy that I will use in my life for the rest of my days.

Thank you, Joe, for believing in me and trusting me to help carry it forward. I miss you.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Anniversary!

Quilterbee said...

Today must be bittersweet for you as you remember the years with the company and the memories of working with , Joe. Congratulations on your anniversary.

Carrie said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! It is a special day and I'm sorry you won't get to share it with Joe.

Have a wonderful day! :)

mascanlon said...

My work annivesary is always a day of reflection for me too. I've been here 31 yrs now and I think of the wonderful things I've been part of at this company, planes Space Station, Delta numerous other programs but what I really remember are the people. Congrats!

Quilt Monkey said...

Congratulations! It's rare that someone has the opportunity to stay with the same company for so long. I was at my last job for 12 years, until they re-organized and my job was phased out. It's great that you had a mentor that you were able to work with and learn from!

antique quilter said...

Happy Anny!!!! 17 years, wow! Here's to another 17!

ok maybe 10!!!
Kathie

JudyT said...

That was a very nice tribute, Vicky. You and Joe were both very lucky to find each other!

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary - reflecting can be therapeutic and a source of strength.
Take care!

Gwen said...

Have a great day! You are a special lady and a very dedicated employee. You have contributed much to the growth of your company.

Cyn said...

Hi Vicky,

Happy Work Anniversary!

We understand about your mixed feelings. Look what Joe with your help accomplished! Wow!

My most recent work anniversary was for 29 years. Goodness where did the years go!

Cynthia