Monday, September 18, 2006

Mindless Sewing


My sewing room looks like a tornado was turned loose in there - and I don't mean the famous "White Tornado"! So I might as well make a bigger mess before I drag out the vacuum.

More crumbs ... more mindless sewing. These are 9.5" so it won't be long before I have a quilt! These are SO much fun! And fast! Jane's going to want these back, I just know it! LOL!

I'm an impulse buyer. I went to Target tonight to get a new coffee pot. Might as well pick up a DVD, oh, and some Skillet Dinners and bread, and I can't forget Dr. Pepper, detergent, etc., etc. I'd love to walk in that store just ONE time for under a hundred bucks!

I searched my stash room high and low last night, and I don't have enough of anything for the backing for Lisa's quilt. So I guess I'll have to visit the new quilt shop one night this week.

Gratitudes:

~ Last auto at work purchased. Hooray!

~ Everyone laughed at a picture of fat little Daisy dog today!

~ Leaves are starting to fall. Does this mean autumn is finally coming?

~ A real peaceful feeling today.

~ Blessings overflowing!

20 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, I love those blocks - beyond cute! Yes, Jane is going to want those! LOL It's for ME???? LOL

Hedgehog said...

Great crumb blocks!

Unknown said...

Lovely crumb blocks - isn't it great to just sit and stitch without having to match measure or co-ordinate especially when you've been stitching something as complex as that border :o)

Gail said...

Those crumbs will make a charming quilt.

Shelina said...

Those crumbs are so cute!
I like that - making a bigger mess so that you have something to clean. I do it all the time too. Except I forget that pesky cleaning part.

I used to do that too, go to Kmart (closest department store) for a $10 item and come out with $100-$200 worth of stuff. Luckily that Kmart went out of business, and I had to stop doing that because I ran out of money. Now I buy only what I went for, and when I buy extras they are for more reasonabl amounts.

Anonymous said...

Great looking crumb blocks. I only go shopping with a list (and then try very hard to stick to it) that helps curb most of the impulse buys.

KC Quilter said...

Love your crazy blocks! They look so fun and cheery. And isn't Target (tarjay) the absolute bestest store ever!!!

quiltpixie said...

love the colours in your crumbs. And hey, if a tornado is going to hit your studio, it might as well be really worthwhile huh?

Pam said...

I am really liking this one....wonderful when something so "crumby" turns out so yummy. 30's are my all time favorite.

Patti said...

What pretty crumb blocks! Know what you mean - Target is just that kind of store! Love that place!

Granny said...

I just love those crumb blocks. They are going to make a really happy quilt.

Oh, Target .. I try to avoid going because there's always "stuff" that I need. And, our little Target has doubled in size and now has a Starbucks!! What a great shopping experience.

Judy L.

Melzie said...

Those are very pretty blocks! xoxo melzie

Silverthimble said...

I love your 30's themed "crumb blocks"!

Melanie said...

I love your blocks. I don't have any 30's prints, but I love the pieces you're making.

It's like walmart--We try to only go once a week, because you can't get out of there without spending $$$. We've even tried making a list. Just buy what's on the list---doesn't work either!!!

You sound rested today-- sewing therapy real works...

Melanie

Susan said...

Lovely crumbs........

My sister in law calls Wal Mart the hundred dollar store because it cost at least that much every time she goes.

Cher said...

nothing beats easy sewing and a pretty result! way to go Vicky- and congrats on that fabulous quilt top for Lisa..she is one lucky gal.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I really like the idea of making crumb blocks using "theme" fabrics - your collection of 30's looks great set like this!

I go shopping with a list in hand - otherwise I forget the one thing I went into the store for and come out with 10 other things - oops!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Judy said...

Wow these are great blocks!! Love how great these are!!

Anonymous said...

very pretty crumbs!

Hanne said...

You have made some really nice colourful blocks. I like them very much :-)