Sunday, April 22, 2007

This time it's my fault!

I can't get that stupid Hokey-Pokey song out of my head!

I've been ironing and cutting fabric for the blasted giterdun quilt. You heard it right. It's getting done. I just set the ironing board up in the living room in front of the TV, loaded up DVDs and started ironing. I thought that would distract me from the song, but, noooooooo, I caught myself doing the Hokey-Pokey while I was ironing! You should see me shaking it all about! ROFLOL. Daisy was cocking her head sideways just looking at me. I could picture a balloon over her head with "Mommy's been sniffing too much fabric sizing" in it.

Gratitude:

Downey Wrinkle Release. I'm on the second bottle of it today!

7 comments:

Sweet P said...

When DS got married last year our Mother Son dance was the Hokey Pokey. Anyone who knows us would understand that we don't do mushy songs. The Hokey Pokey was perfect us.

atet said...

Hey, I've got an almost two year old who loves the Hokey Pokey -- we do it at our house all the time! Of course, I usually don't have an iron in my hand.

Isn't Downey Wrinkle Release WONDERFUL??? I don't know how I managed without this stuff!

Darlene said...

Well, thank you very much. There I was trying to brush my teeth while trying to "put my right foot in" LOL

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Don't do that! Now, guess what I can't get out of my head?? When do we get to see the giterdun quilt?

Nancy said...

Good for you working on the giterdun quilts! (AND on taking responsibility for your own actions. LOL! I have a bunch of ironing I need to catch up. I've never heard of Downy Wrinkle Release but you can bet I'm headed to WalMart today to see if I can find any!

You put your right foot in........

Shelina said...

I'm glad that the song brings back good memories. And hopefully it doesn't make you feel like washing your hands every time you hear it! Good for you for gettin to your geterdun quilt. It will be dun in no time.
I'll have to look into that Downey. I have found some detergents that say they release wrinkles. The only thing I have noticed is that when I don't use them, the clothes look REALLY wrinkled. Somehow I didn't notice the lack of wrinkles when I did use them.

Wendy said...

That is the funniest story I've heard in a long time. I hope the tune doesn't stick in my head tonight.