Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stash Report Week 17

I was being so good this week. I really was.

Then at 7:30 one night this week, the familiar UPS rap on the door. I spotted the box from The Fat Quarter Shop, and wondered what buttons I had poked in the middle of the night!

Inside was a beautifully gift-wrapped package! I've sent tons of gift-wrapped packages from The Fat Quarter Shop, but I've never received one in all these years! (FYI, for a very nomimal charge, Kimberly will wrap your gift in gorgeous paper and ribbons and mail them for you!)

When I opened the card, I burst out in tears. A very very very dear online friend sent this to me!



It's the Chloe's Christmas Quilt Kit! Oh, how I love this quilt. I had it in my cart last weekend but never finalized the sale! I love the traditional reds and greens of this quilt, and that's what kept pulling me back to it.

So I had to order the backing right away! :) And while I was ordering that, I went ahead and ordered two yards of other fabric for my basket blocks. I know, I know ... you don't have to say it!

Anyway, the kit contains 6.625 yards and 3.5 yards for the backing, plus extra two yards = 12.125 yards this week.

Thank you so much, my dear sweet friend! I was so surprised and am absolutely delighted! I love you!!!

What occurred to me yesterday afternoon while I was working on yet another BOM block is that I am sewing away but reporting nothing busted. I made a decision a long time ago to only count the BOMs fabric in and out when I have finished the top. I need to put those aside and finish up other projects just to get a bust!

So ...

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 119.50 yards
Purchased: 292.00 yards
Net YTD: <172.50> yards

9 comments:

Carol said...

What a great surprise. I like this kit too. Be sure to show us a picture when you get it done.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Wonderful gift!

Karen said...

It is wonderful for a friend to do that for you! I didn't know about being able to have purchases gift wrapped. I will keep that in mind.

Anonymous said...

Nice kit...and a great friend.

maybe you should start another count to report - number of BOM received vs number finished, or something like that. I've seen someone reporting spools of thread as welll as pounds lost, so whatever we need to keep track of, let's do it.

I've been keeping track of books that I am reading this year since I wondered how much I was doing.

Liz

Brenda said...

I am not posting my BOM's either until I have them done, and you are so right, it feels like the numbers are not changing even when you know you are sewing alot!! But, those numbers will be huge when you finally get to post the finished BOM's and this is what is keeping me going.....
Have a great week, and don't forget to go outside sometimes too!! It is supposed to be spring out there!! ;-)

Judy Laquidara said...

That is gorgeous! How sweet! Thank you friend for being so sweet to Vicky!

Carol said...

What a treat from your friend!

Mary-KayC. said...

What a beautiful surprise!About that stash, I count it as busted when it's cut up because it's out of the stash and into a block or top.Everyone counts it differently but it all adds up to the same thing. Stash Busted!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

What a great gift for a wonderful person. You deserve it! Now you gotta get that sewing machine humming!!