Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stash Report 2010 Week 7

This was a blah week for me. I worked on the borders for the Fig Tree Club quilt, Cobble Stones, but I didn't finish them. I was hoping to get the backing busted. I'll probably get it all finished up today and on the stash report next week.

This week I'm definitely tackling those mitered borders. No more procrastinating. And the last thing in the to-do pile next to my cutting table is the Heritage quilt top that I want to add an additional border on. It needs to be squared up and I'll have to take it to the quilt shop for that. That backing will be a bust also.

I'm ready to sew some really small quilts, 16 x 20. Should be able to get those sewn up in no time flat! These are from the Lori Smith pattern "Reproduction Fabrics Two." I stopped by The Fabric Patch yesterday after a two-year hiatus, and there were some friends there working on them. Got me all inspired! And, no, I didn't buy one single thing while I was in the store. I'm good, darn it!

However ... gosh, how did we know THAT was coming? ... seven yards landed from The Fat Quarter Shop. I have been collecting small cuts of Blackbird Designs fabrics over the past couple of years. The pieces that look like cross-stitch panels. Garden Party has arrived at the FQS, so I picked up seven yards of those pieces. I love using these in applique, for backgrounds and even fussy cutting some for the applique. From time to time I've seen other designers with these pieces in their collection, but Blackbird does it best!

Spent all morning yesterday at the dealership getting things done on my car, oil change, the 30K checkup, and front brake pads. I managed to get about a third of a binding stitched down while I was waiting, so time was not wasted. Until I got home. Then I wasted the rest of the day.

Pictures later of Penny's birthday. She still thinks she's celebrating, I guess. She's SO BAD! LOL.

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 76.625 yards
Purchased: 66.625 yards
Net YTD: 10.0 yards busted

Not where I wanted to be at this point in the year, but at least I'm still in the black.

10 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for still being in the black!!! That is a tremendous feat! lol

Suzanne said...

Black is beautiful...keep up the good work!

Simone de Klerk said...

Do you use the cross-stitch panels as a background for appliqué? Would it also be good for stitchery?

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

You have been doing some serious quilting. I look like I am dragging my feet.

I assume you are in Los Angeles. I lived in Oceanside for 27 years and in California for 29. I moved to Louisiana in 2005. Just could not handle the traffic, but loved the quilt shops. I do miss them.

I have posted my ribbon winners if you want to drop and see.

the writer said...

Being in the black is definitely a good place to be!! I hope to get there soon. . . .

Jenni said...

It looks like you have been doing the un-fun parts of sewing. As for the stash busting, I thought I might keep a record of how much I spend this year. Yikes!

Penny said...

Black is black. Besides, you are doing better than I am. Get that border mitered. Just be sure to check it before you cut it.

Tell Penny to quit being a pill. Maybe she is retaliating for all the days you were working so hard. She sure is a cutie.

Quilted Quickies said...

Vicky...you are doing great. I wish I was more like you...I'm AWAYS in the red in most things in my life...so I love hearing others that conduct themselves they way you do!! Good work!! Can hardly wait to see more pics of Penny!! Hope she is still celebrating ;-)

Lori said...

Hey--you're in the black!! Woohoo! But I'll admit I'm waiting for Penny's pictures!

Sharon said...

whoohoo for being "in the black". Your year is going to be very positive and productive.