Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stash Report 2010 - Week 9



I busted 6.375 yards this week on things sent to others, but nothing where it counts - in my sewing room! I'm going to do a few things around the house this morning and then turn on my sewing machine to work on something/anything. To quote a football player I once heard being interviewed on TV about 20 years ago when asked what they could do to accomplish their goal .... "I don't know, but something's gotta get did."

No purchases this week. Next week will bring not one but two boxes from The Fat Quarter Shop. One box will contain 8+ yards of Bar Harbor, and one box is a mystery. I have no clue what button I poked - didn't even know I had poked a button - but I received an email from UPS. You know, the one that says "This message was sent to you at the request of Fat Quarter Shop to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS." (sigh) The last time a mystery package arrived, it turned out to be a bolt of cheddar! Lord only knows what's in this package. Well, Kimberly probably knows but I haven't asked her. Stay tuned. It's about time for another give-away, so I'll see if I can't come up with something relating to this mystery box.

I did manage to finish the Botanika binding and get another one done yesterday while watching the earthquake news. Sixteen years ago I would have only noted it and probably changed the channel. Now that I've been living where the earth moves on a regular basis, it's made me aware that at any moment it could happen here. The thing that throws me each time I feel the movement is that it's totally out of the blue. No warnings, no sense of anxious preparation like when waiting for a hurricane to make landfall. Just "wham," day or night. I can't even begin to imagine what an 8.8 felt like and how frightened those people were. My heart goes out to them.

Enough yapping here -- I have fabric to bust in "anxious preparation" for that box landing on my doorstep!

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 86.25 yards
Purchased: 66.625 yards
Net YTD: 19.625 yards busted

Surely the two boxes won't equal more than 19.625 yards! But best get a bigger cushion in place!

10 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, you better bust something!!! Knowing your past, you may come very close to the 19+ yards in 2 boxes!! lol

Good luck!! I'll be watching!

rachel griffith said...

oh i can't wait to see what's in this mystery box.
lol.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Uh oh, Penny has learned how to poke buttons!!! Can't wait to see what's in your mystery box.

Kathie said...

you are right, sometimes you just need to go sew something, even if you don't know what it might be when you head to your sewing room.

Kathie

Suzanne said...

Any fabric busting is good thing!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

my guess is the mystery box is the fig tree club... but hey at least you did better than me this week!

Judy Laquidara said...

You're still positive! That's good. Hopefully the boxes won't be over 19 yards.

Quilted Quickies said...

Hi...just stoppin' by to say "Hi"!! Only good things can come from "Fat Quarter Shop" that's for sure!! Happy Quilting. We are off to another quilt show to do some vending. Little Miss Gidget will be at the babysitter and I'll be crying my eyes out...missing her tons. Talk with you soon.

dianne said...

something's gotta get did ... how profound is that? that is sampler worthy!

so ... i just gotta ask ... what did you get did with a whole bolt of cheddar?

Lori said...

I do enjoy all your posts, especially ones that include Penny!~ I will be watching for your "surprise" package.