Saturday, January 08, 2011

Patchwork Santa Top

Patchwork Santa a/k/a the Hunchback of the North Pole!



Anyway, the top is done, the backing pieced, the binding made. Just need to sit down and do a quick quilting on it, but that will be another time. I'm wanting to sew on something else. Surely don't want to stop that little tickling of creativity I'm experiencing. I realized it's been six months since I've sewn.

Oh, don't go back and look at the pattern I posted in the last blog post. Please. Because if you do, you'll see that I inadvertently left out a row of 2.5" squares. I didn't realize it until last night, but I wasn't about to undo the applique and take it apart. My hunchback Santa is just 2" shorter than everyone else's!!

Note to self: When you find extra pieces leftover when you think you're finished, there's probably something wrong with what you did!

I had a real stressful week. So I'm destressing today by doing nothing but sewing if I want to, napping when I feel like it and petting Penny as often as I can. Sounds like the perfect day to me!

4 comments:

dianne said...

i LIKE your short Santa - he's a right jolly old elf!!!

mascanlon said...

I can sure commiserate...that first week back for me after 16 days off was brutal. i too am soothing my myself with fabric, sleeping and snuggling with my sweet boy Spike.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I think he's just right! Santa and the elves are all short. :-) Hope you have a good week!

Gwen said...

He's really cute and all your very own! Having fun is what it's all about! Hug Penny for me!