Saturday, March 01, 2008

Drizzly Saturday

Today was the most glorious sewing weather kind of day! Overcast, drizzly. I lit the fireplace for lazy Daisy, and she's been curled up in front of it all day. Except for getting the oil changed early this morning, I've been home.

I've been finishing up a project today, and will be pulling out my Quiltathon project tomorrow. I think I'm going to start cutting Judy's Button & Bows pattern using this fabric.



I actually felt guilty pulling this from the stash because they are coordinated fabrics. But, hey, stash is stash! This is the Buttercream & Fig line from Fig Tree. Wasn't this their first line? Yep, it has seasoned long enough!

While I was sewing today, I was thinking about the Jolly Jabber Idol contest that Kimberly is doing at The Fat Quarter Shop. I came up with a great idea for an entry, but then realized that I can't enter. :( But I sure hope lots of you all are planning on creating something really special with that gorgeous Simplicity line. Wouldn't it be wonderful to win one of those prizes!! I would be falling off of the stashbusting wagon in a heartbeat!! LOL

I have lots of fabric to bust before June when the Designer Mystery BOM starts. I can't stand the excitement. Well, actually what I can't stand is the suspense! I wonder if I begged for a peek ..... naw, she wouldn't spill the beans. It's a mystery! ROFLOL. That fabric is gorgeous! And it's going to be a block that I'll actually get done every month!!! How long until June? :) :)

So far today I've eaten a breakfast bar and popcorn. I think I need to rustle up some real food here before it gets too late.

2 comments:

Granny said...

Hope you are getting a lot done?

Vickie E said...

Why can't you enter? Because it would require you buy fabric? Well I probably won't either as I had gotten the simplicity jelly roll from another shop right after market. So I couldn't use it according to her rules. Anyhow I hope you are getting a lot done on your project.