Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pennsylvania Dutch BOM Block #1



Can you believe it? Mine's done! I'm usually the caboose on the BOM train!

Many bloggers mentioned how much fun they had doing the Simply Sophisticated BOM together. So Kimberly and Kevin at The Fat Quarter Shop have once again offered to donate a $25 gift certificate for monthly drawings for the Pennsylvania Dutch BOM! I tell you, those two are absolutely the greatest!

The rules are real simple! First, and this is the easy part, go immediately to The Fat Quarter Shop and sign up for their exclusive Pennsylvania Dutch BOM! It's out of that gorgeous Wiscasset collection by Minick & Simpson! The blocks will ship around the 6th of each month. As soon as my block comes in and I make it, I'll put up a blog post. To be entered in the monthly drawing, all you have to do is make your block, post a picture of it on your blog, and leave a comment here with a link so we can all go ooh and ahh over your gorgeous block! If you don't have a blog, just email me a picture of your finished block to be entered. It's that simple. I'll announce the date of the drawing each month on the blog post. And if I do other posts before the drawing, I will always give you a link to get back to where you leave your comment.

Since this is the first month, let's have the drawing on, oh, say, Sunday, November 29th at around 6:00 p.m. Pacific time. That'll give you plenty of time to get your block made this month, or to order it if you haven't already done so!

The Fat Quarter Shop is also giving a $25 gift certificate to EVERYONE who signs up for this BOM! You'll receive the gift certificate enclosed with your first block! Mine is sitting right here by my computer. I can't decide what to buy with it! LOL. If that's not an incentive to join, I don't know what is!!

Don't forget to get your backing set while you're ordering! A year from now that fabric won't be available, so get it now while you can!

(Gosh, I use a lot of exclamation points, don't I? Can you tell I'm excited about this BOM?)

I know we're going to have a ton of fun this year making this BOM. And just to spice things up even more - Penny has advised me that three or four times during the year, her mommy should have another surprise drawing for the Pennsylvania Dutch block makers for something out of the stash room! That Penny! She's determined to make me bust fabric one way or another! So there's another little incentive for you!

This is going to be so much fun! So all aboard! This month's Pennsylvania Dutch BOM train is pulling out of the station!

6 comments:

Erika said...

I'm also excited about this BOM. I usually don't do BOM's because I like to choose the fabrics myself, but this one somehow spoke to me so I signed up. And I also love the fabics. I also ordered the backing.

My first block is done: http://quiltsnstuff.blogspot.com/2009/11/pennsylvania-butch-bom.html

Sharon said...

I'm not riding this train.....going in too many directions right now and I have a 30's BOM that is screaming at me to let it out of the box, and bag, and drawer. You get the picture. BUT I will follow along and wish I was making this one along the way!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i'm very proud of you!! i haven't sewn a stitch all day but i cut out 60+ blocks!

Loves to Quilt said...

I have finished my first block too!

Carol said...

Vicki, I finished my block. Take a look at my blog. Cute, easy block. Love the Wiscasset fabrics.

Carol Lewis
carolscraftblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I finished my block! I love these fabrics, that blue was gorgeous!!

http://erinlearnstoquilt.blogspot.com/2009/11/bom-and-new-machine.html