Sunday, March 29, 2009

2009 Designer Mystery BOM

I'm so excited about the 2009 Designer Mystery BOM that starts in June. I mean, really excited! I keep going back and looking at the link at The Fat Quarter Shop!

I'm doing the 2008 Designer Mystery BOM, and it has been so much fun. The blocks are not real complicated but they look like they are. I was sorry it was coming to an end until I saw the announcement for the 2009 one. You know, like a really good book that you don't want to finish reading? Well, this is the sequel!! LOL.

Anyway, I need to get busy in my sewing room before this one starts. Brenda Riddle designed the finishing kit for it, and she comes up with the most awesome quilts. I'm a real Brenda groupie after doing the Prairie Paisley quilt that she designed. If you ever get a chance to meet Brenda, do it. She is just the sweetest person I think I have ever met.

The 2009 Designer Mystery uses the Glace line that I'm about to pop to get my hands on. Moda always makes me wait until the end of the season before they release my very favorite fabrics! Yeah, they're real teasers. I know they sit around saying, "Let's make Vicky wait a bit to get this fabric." LOL. But this quilt is going to be totally beautiful and will be well worth the wait.

I know I'm going on and on about this quilt. Everyone will just have to bear with me -- or join me in making it! At just under ten bucks a month plus shipping, it's certainly one that fits the budget! We'll get a little piece of heaven every month delivered from The Fat Quarter Shop! You should hear me squeal when I open the door and find one of Kimberly's boxes on my doorstep!

I've already had six or eight folks email me about it who are as excited as I am about starting. So who else is going to do it with me? Come on, fess up!! We can all hold hands and do it together! :) :) :)

13 comments:

rachel griffith said...

i've been on the fence.
but i'm really thinking about doing it.

Susan said...

I love that fabric line and I haven't visited the FQS in waaayyy too long. Just one question: IS IT AUGUST YET!?!?!

8^)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

BOXES? You get monthly boxes from Kimberly? It's a good thing you don't live closer to Texas. LOL June seems so far away but it'll be here before you know it!

Yvette said...

If I ever meet you I am not sure if I am going to hug you or hit you. LOL!!! I didn't know about this until now but I think I have to sign up. DOH!!!!!

Carol said...

I'm doing the 2009 Designer Mystery too. I agree the fabrics are beautiful and it will be a great quilt.

Kim West said...

I am going to do it also.... hopefully life will settle down a bit and let me actually sew on some things - I am so behind on my BOMs right now.

Judith said...

Yes I will be joining you in the fun. Really looking forward to it.

julia said...

Hi Vicky,
I'm doing the current DMBOM too and had poke the button for the 2009 BOM too as soon as it showed up on the FQS website ;o).
I totally agree with you, the Glacé line is GORGEOUS, I just love it & can't wait for it to arrive...
Cheers, Julia

Carol said...

OK! OK! I was on the fence, but you pushed me over...I'm signing up today. I love the 2008 DBOM and I really will miss that when it's done, so the 2009 will just fill that hole. Thanks for the push Vicky.

Miss Jean said...

I'm going to be doing this one, also.

Gretchen said...

I already signed up and can't wait to join you in the fun! The "Glace" line looks amazingly beautiful and I'm sure this quilt will be a knock out!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - I Love it! Im in Australia and this BOM is still cheaper than most of the ones you get over here - and its just so pretty. I have it all up on my screen waiting for me to confirm the purchase.....Im so torn..... And its great how you can order the finishing pack and backing pack.....still so torn!!! OK, Im in too!!! Purchase Confirmed :)

Anonymous said...

I am really on the fence with this one. I am already 2 months behind on my first one. To much school work and not enough quilting time. But I think you have talked me into it. Ok I will join you, but can't say I will finish with you.

Janice