Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Early Stash Report - Week 44

I'm so excited. My vacation begins Saturday, and I'm going HOME! For those of you who don't know where that is, Louisiana! Where everyone talks right and I don't have an accent! :) I'll be gone for a week.

No boxes came in this week, so my report remains the same as last week. I'm in the hole 158.865 yards. Still way the best report I've ever had for this time of year.

However .....

Isn't there always something else with me?

..... I poked a bunch of buttons this week. I really have to say that it's all Kimberly's fault. They have this feature where they taunt us with new things coming in the future. Oh, don't look puzzled. You know exactly what I'm talking about. It's that feature that says "Click here to receive notification when this item is available." Oh, yeah, THAT little button!

Of course, poking that button months and months before something is available is kinda fun! Apparently I was poking away some months ago - and I received a ton of "notifications" in the last couple of days. Sheesh!

And I totally forgot that I wouldn't be here next week. No way was I going to let Fat Quarter Shop boxes languish on my doorstep! Not a problem. I just asked them to hold and ship later, which they were happy to do! Of course, Kimberly asked me if I wanted it all in one box! ROFLOL. Yeah, I have a dolly that I can use to hoist that puppy over the door sill and into the foyer. A really big dolly!

So there you have it. Nothing ventured or gained this week. Maybe next week, too! But batten down the hatches for the week after that when the box(es) arrive!

Hope everyone gets lots of sewing done next week. I'll definitely have to figure out a give-away when I get back. Stay tuned!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe I know the button. Now I just stalk the what's new section daily...and soon the sale pages! After Market always has some good sales!

dianne said...

have a safe journey home and back again!

Erika said...

Enjoy your vacation!!

Carol said...

YUP! I know that button! It's so much fun...have a blast on your vacation...rest, relax, ENJOY! You deserve it! Is Penny going too?

antique quilter said...

I am so excited for you!
have a great vacation! and how exciting will that be to come home to packages! It will feel like Christmas!
Kathie

Julie said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Looking forward to see which buttons you pushed.

Kim Brackett said...

Can't wait to see your new goodies! Have fun in Louisiana!

mascanlon said...

Yes, those buttons get me into trouble too! I am off this afternoon for a 3 day friendship group retreatin LV. A couple of wonderful stores there too so I'll be doing damage as well as eating and sewing into the night! have a great time in LA. Going home at any age is always wonderful.

Miss Jean said...

Have a wonderful trip!!! We were fortunate to visit Louisiana one year when my son was graduating Office Candidate School in Pensacola. We flew into New Orleans and saw th sights and thn drove on. Our trouble? It was June!!! OMGoodness! Was it ever hot. We did hit some quilt stores, though!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that button! I have to put on blinders and ty hands behind my back!! LOL
Enjoy "home"....I'll wait.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Have a great vacation! And coming back to packages will feel very special! Safe travels!

Penny said...

Yay! Going home is always the best. Now with new stuff coming in does this mean you are going ahead with that house addition? (smirk)

Cyn said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Yes, I know that button... :-)

Cynthia

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Have a safe trip home. Do you need someone to babysit your fabric?!?! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Vicky, have a wonderful time visiting home and family. I look forward to seeing pix and hearing all about it when you get back.

Of course, I look forward to seeing all your new purchases, too. LOL!! Eve in Ga

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Have a great and safe vacation!!! Enjoy the time with your family!

Suzanne said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation! I haven't been to LA in forever! I have a good friend that lives in Houma. I keep meaning to take my husband out there so he can have the experience of the food and the wonderful people!

Judy Laquidara said...

You're so funny! Hope you're having a great visit at home.

suz said...

Hope you're having a great vacation!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

when is jane going to be back with your market goodies?? i saw her at sample spree! ;-)