Saturday, November 20, 2010

Stash Report 2010 - Weeks 45 and 46

I knew it was going to be bad, but even I was surprised.

Let's see if I can find links to everything that came in from the Fat Quarter Shop!

Luna Notte - six yards. That's three yards each of 108" backing fabric. Backings for two quilts. A good buy!

Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Kit - four yards. I love this club. If they ever offer something like this again, you must jump in feet first!

Civil War Chronicles - nine yards. It's 108", so backings for three quilts. I love this wide yardage because I hate hate hate piecing backings. Another good buy!

La Petite Ecole fat quarter bundle - ten yards. It's French General, after all, so another good buy!

Maison de Garance - 6.46 yards of layer cakes and charm packs. These things are like potato chips. Betcha you can't get just one!

And finally -- ta dah! -- Aurelia's Journey Kit! It's 14 yards and I don't even care! Fell in love with the book and bugged Kimberly to kit it. And since I have that bolt (rolls eyes) of cheddar, that will be the perfect backing! Or one of those wide backings mentioned above. Whatever! I am going to start this on New Year's weekend and I can't wait!

So there you have it, all 49.71 yards. Good thing there's a give-away starting here real soon of 16.82 yards. That nets me out for the week only 32.89 yards further in the hole.

Year-To-Date:

Busted: 402.27 yards
Purchased: 594.03 yards
Net YTD: (191.76) yards busted :(

I was hoping that within the next year I'd get over Kimberly's way to finally get to meet her. But judging from my buying habits, if I got anywhere near Austin, I'd best have borrowed this from my brother in Louisiana to haul the loot home!



I'm SO bad!

The next post up will be the give-away! Might do it tonight instead of tomorrow since I have this nasty report done. Stay tuned!

14 comments:

Lynne in Hawaii said...

It may have been 'bad' but you still are doing way better than last year! That means you are moving in the right direction.

julieQ said...

OH well...you only live once...and you and me too...are living large!!!

Gwen said...

You may be "bad", but this week you sound happy not apologetic and in my book that's a good thing. Enjoy your shopping and planning. I don't know anyone who deserves the pleasure of shopping more! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I would love, love, love to see your stash! You have some wonderful buys!!

antique quilter said...

no comment :)
your retirement building...just start sending it all to your brothers in LA so when you move there you don't have to pay to have all that fabric moved!
ask me how I know , its going to cost you a bundle to move it!
Kathie

pdudgeon said...

LOL, once again you're singing my song. I also looked at that Aurelia's Journey kit,(and looked, and looked some more) and i almost punched a button.I came very, very close to hitting that button, so thank you, Vicky, for saving me from doing that!

mascanlon said...

Well I did some damage too but in total it was only about 12 yds...some lovely Joel dewberry Modern Meadow (gosh where has that been hiding) and 6 yds of Kona solids from M & L to finish up a couple of baby quilts I have the blocks done for. Since I am gone to Kansas city for 8 days, leaving in the AM next week will be nothing in, nothing out..lol! Oh and a wool kit for a pillow and one for a little pincushion..in total maybe a 1yd! I love how you're stock piling like a squirrel before winter.

Tamera said...

Yes, but....it's all so PURDY!

Katie Z. said...

You've said before you can afford it, so why not live it up a little? And every Sunday I look for your stash report to make me laugh!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for fabric!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

LOLL, Id druther have the RV !!! and sew on the stuff in the closet already.

Kate said...

Great stash enhancement!

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, you sure picked nice fabrics! Enjoy!

Karen said...

Did you ever make the Aurelia's Journey quilt?