Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Only Took Four Pictures

I usually fill up a camera card on vacation in Louisiana, but this year I only took four pictures.

I've totally fallen in love with my brother's Jeep. I drove it every day back and forth to the hospital. I keep telling Don I want it, and he keeps laughing. Oh, well, I tried.



The last night I was there, my nephew's girlfriend and her mother took Gail and I out to eat here:



And we had this:



I won't bore everyone with another picture of crabs! :)

My internet is finally up tonight. Well, it was up when I got home, then went down again, and then back up. They're still working on the lines outside now. Everyone in the area was down. I hope it's fixed tonight for good.

This morning I pulled the next give-away out of the stash room. I'll get that up on Sunday. My heartstrings tugged a bit at the thought of giving it away, but I'm just going to do it. And the reason I'm waiting until Sunday is because it will push my stash report (gasp) one post down. :)

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like Louisiana....looks like home.....glad you're home...

Unknown said...

I'm allergic to crab. Just saying. lol
I can't wait to see what you're giving away!
I hope your brother is doing better.

Gwen said...

Glad you have your cable back! Hope it stays that way. When you move bach to LA you should get a jeep. How is Don? Hugs!

mascanlon said...

Thank goodness I totally messed up my spreadsheet several months back. Now I onlyhave to talk week by week not sum totaled!

Linda said...

Yummy!! Sounds like you guys had a good time!

whimzeestitches said...

Yum those crabs sure look good Vicky! Glad you are back home, back up with Internet, and wishing well for your brother back home.

antique quilter said...

well when you move back home to LA I guess a Jeep will be the first thing you will need to purchase!
Hope Don is doing much better.
oohhhh yummmy crabs!
hope your adjusting to CA time again and Penny is paying attention to you again?
Kathie

Carol said...

Oh Penny would love a jeep! Yummy crabs...hope Don is doing better!

quiltingnana said...

mmmmm...crabs. Great meal

dianne said...

okay - you've finally posted a picture of something that i am NOT jealous of - crabs - bleck!!!

Anonymous said...

This Maryland girl LOVES steamed crabs!
Glad you got to go to LA for a bit.
LadyBaltimore

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

That jeep does look fun to drive! And crabs~ oh yum!! Hope your brother is home and doing well. Have a happy day!

Cyn said...

Love crabs!

Glad to hear that you had a nice vacation and I hope your brother is doing much better!

Cynthia

Becky said...

This photo of the craps does not even begin to communicate how good this meal really is. Boiled seafood is one of the things I miss from Louisiana. Hope your brother is improving!

Julie said...

Glad you're home safe. Hope your brother is doing better.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I hope that you have good news from your brother! And considering the week, four pictures is a lot! :)

Give that Penny some love from me and mine. :)

Sharon said...

Looks like a yummy dinner. I love the Jeep too. Thanks for all the chatter about fqs. I poked some buttons and they were fab to purchase from. I'll definitely shop there again. Hope your bro is doing better.