Friday, May 04, 2007

Sewing Forward


Since I've been reverse sewing on this thing for two months, I'm looking forward to sewing forward for a change!

This was a mystery quilt from about four years ago. I think I blogged before about how the thread was looped on the back when I got it back from a quilter. I should have just chucked it in the garbage can, but I wanted a red/white/blue quilt. I'm going to get it requilted, and then wash it to get the first quilting holes out of it. It's not an important quilt in my life, but I was determined to get it done right. It's one step closer now to being marked off my UFO list! LOL

The Applique Club at my LCS that I mentioned last week -- this is something I suggested, and so I was told to put a proposal together. I've been pondering it. I think we need to see how many people would be interested, and then have a first meeting to discuss how to proceed. I was thinking that we could have a project that we all work on, or we could just have a stitch session once a month. All skill levels. I think it would be a great way to exchange ideas and to advance our applique skills. I'll try to get the proposal drafted this weekend.

I'm going to sew this weekend, probably Sunday. Jane and her DH might come over on Saturday. DH is going to hang a beautiful cabinet and quilt hanger that my friend, Jace, made. I can't wait to get those up. I'll be sure to blog a picture of them. Sally sent a gorgeous wallhanging on the quilt hanger, and I'm about to 'splode to get them hung!

Apparently I didn't shut Daisy's kennel door very snugly last night. About 2:00 this morning I heard a loud banging coming from downstairs. It woke me, and, frankly, scared me. That is, until I figured out what the noise was. You see, Miss Daisy Dog was out of water, and was banging her water bowl against the kitchen cabinets. Impatient little cuss! So I had to get up and troop downstairs, stand there while she drank, take her outside, and then securely shut her in the kennel. What was so funny that look on her face when I turned on the kitchen light. Jane knows that look ..... :)

May no-buy is progressing. I admit to buying a background yesterday, but I needed it so I won't count that. And I knew it would sell out quickly at the quilt shop. Jane okayed that special dispensation! But that's it. I'm good for the remainder of the month! Of course, I won't go look again at all the new patterns I want. You know the ones -- Bunny Hill Designs, etc. I just won't look at them until next month. Maybe I won't want them then. Yeah, right.

Matt, if you read this, I remembered how to post a picture! LOL

Gratitudes:

~ So tired that I'll surely sleep the night through
~ A notice from the condo management that I'm getting a new A/C and furnace next week. I'm sure they're more energy efficient than what I have, so therefore less utility bills/more quilty money! :) For June .......
~ "The Queen" on DVD
~ Stunning roses in full bloom everywhere!

5 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Busy, busy! Hopefully next week will be a bit easier at work? Well, one can always hope! Will be nice to have a new A/C unit if this summer is as hot as last summer!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Doodlebug Gail said...

I'm glad you persevered with the unquilting - that really is a lovely quilt. Have a good weekend.

Darlene said...

I'm glad you didn't opt to toss that sweet quilt but I am sorry to hear that you had to remove the quilting.

Have a great day and I can't wait to see the results of everyone's hard work today. The new stuff!

Nancy said...

Hey backgrounds are allowed so no cheat there! Just stay away from those books and patterns. They'll suck you in every time and before you know it you're looking for fabric to make them in. :-)

Hope you have a better time at work this week.

Silverthimble said...

I love the simplicity of this quilt! I am so glad you never through this one in the trash!