Saturday, June 09, 2007

Calico Spools


*Someone* was asking me about these this morning. I didn't post these earlier when I posted the retreat blocks I made from www.quilterscache.com.

Now that *someone* has me thinking about making more of these. And since I've got that bin of 2.5" strips already cut up, it's definitely do-able in short order.

Missy, I'm going to get you for this!!! The giterdun HAS to get finished. If you're not careful, you're going to find it on your doorstep with a note, "Here, you finish it!!"

I'm going to call Don and Gail later and see if I can't talk them into coming out here for a week. We've already talked about it, but I wanted them to wait until I could have some time off. I've got my fingers crossed. I miss my brother so much.

Haircut (dip and clip) this morning, manicure, hopefully a car wash, and then off to Jane's to see what kind of trouble we can get into. I have a feeling there's going to be quilt shops and megging involved!

Gratitudes:

~ Two good nights of sleep this week. It's getting better.

~ Grits last night. LOL. Sometimes it's the little down-home stuff that makes a gal happy!

~ Emails that make me laugh!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

I love those! That yellow print is to die for. Cute, cute, cute!

That *someone* is not nice for planting these ideas. teehee

Susan H. said...

These are great. If only I weren't SOOOO tired of triangles......

Angie said...

Love your Calico Spools, Vicky! You most definitely have to make more of those. :D

Kim said...

How is your brother feeling? I was wondering about that not long ago. Having a five-day "weekend" sounds wonderful! I was tossing around the idea of either taking that Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday off myself. Hey, speaking of megging, did you see I "borrowed" from you on my blog the other day? I think it's perfect! Now I'm wondering, though which of you will be megging the other--or will there be mutual megging going on?

atet said...

Cute blocks -- and you really do have to share the results of the quilt shop visits!

Leigh said...

Love these blocks your quilt will look great.
Does *someone* have the first initial *D* by any chance????,lol.

QuiltingFitzy said...

All I can find here is "Instant Grits"...isn't there a long-cook version?

I'm job hunting for an accounting/admin asst. position and it's taking FOREVER. Seems nothing moves fast around here, lol. They all say, "We'll get back to you in a couple of weeks!" Sheesh.

Love, love, LOVE those spools.

Cher said...

"someone" huh? well, they are cute blocks ! hurray for extra time off in July-hope your brother and sil can come play with you.