Thursday, June 14, 2007

Camera is still dead

I'm beginning to think I'm jinxed. Truthfully, I haven't had a chance to take it by the store. I think I'll just get a new one this weekend, and then worry about getting this one fixed. Can't be much wrong with it; I just got it last November.

No quilting this week. None at all. I've been too wiped out when I get home from work. It's finally gotten hot here -- 100 yesterday; 98 today. I think I heard (or maybe it was wishful thinking) that it was going to cool off a tad this weekend. I shouldn't complain because our "spring" has lasted longer than any of the 13 years I've been in SoCal. But I hate the heat!

Kimberly at http://www.thefatquartershop.com/ has a new BOM - it's the Bunny Hill Designs "All Things Christmas." Yes, I ordered it. Yes, I did. LOL. I'm real excited Kimberly will start doing these. The first block arrived today, and the fabric is wonderful. Good job, Kimberly!

I picked up a bunch of movies this week. The first one I watched was "Bobby." It wasn't much about him at all, but about some of his campaign workers and was set in the days leading up to his assassination. It was so-so. The next one I watched was "Babel." I was uncertain how to rate it, but the more I thought about it the next day, the more I liked it. There's one segment of it that I thought was really strange, and they could have left that whole section out. If you've seen it, you probably know the part I'm talking about. But all in all, I think it was a good movie. Last night I tried to watch "The Departed." I'll admit I fell asleep. I've heard really good things about it, so I'll try it again this weekend. A stellar cast. Oh, and I loved "Music and Lyrics." Who a-thunk Hugh Grant could sing? LOL. Very predictable, but just a happy movie.

I'm sitting here pondering that stack of quilty "stuff" on my cutting table. I wonder if it's possible for my stash room to come crashing down to the first floor? I'm not sewing fast enough, and that's a fact!

Gratitudes:

~ A good week, and it's almost over!

~ My mind is exploding with inspiration!

~ Smiling at the antics of friends!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, good, I was thinking about posting something on my blog asking for some good video rental suggestions. I feel a bout of applique coming on before too long, so I'll need something to watch. Music and Lyrics sounds fun and light enough to have on while I try to applique. Thanks! Oh, and I'm sure it's not a whole lot of consolation, but it's in the low 100s here too, and I've heard the same thing--it's supposed to cool down tomorrow. Yeah, like the low to mid 90s is a cool down! LOL!

Granny said...

You make me wish I liked to watch movies!

I can't believe it's that hot there! It's been so cool here and even though it seems hot out in the sun, it's so nice!

Susan said...

Hugh Grant singing? I should check that out. I find myself enjoying his movies, even when I'm not that crazy about him. Notting Hill is one of my favorites.

Get that air conditioner going!

Nancy said...

You will NOT "Meg" me! I refuse, refuse, REFUSE to even go look at that block of the month!!!!! Well maybe I'll go look but I WILL NOT BUY IT! I hope....

SEW FASTER! LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh my, I laughed at your concern that your stash room will come crashing to the first floor...I had that very same thought just the other day...there is a small room off my sewing room for my stash and it's over the kitchen...what if I woke up in the morning and my stash was in the kitchen...it's been very, very hot here as well. It's going to be a long hot summer...maybe lots of stitching will get done. We can only hope.

Gail said...

Bad Vicki, bad, bad! I will not sucumb to another or your bom applique projects....I won't I won't I won't I won......

Jeanne said...

Yes, it certainly got *H*O*T*!!!!! Fritz Coleman called it early 'July Fry.'

That Christmas BOM is darling, you naughty girl! :)

Jeanne

Cher said...

with two bom kits in my ufo stash closet-I am not tempted at all-but I sure hope you dive in and enjoy doing this new one! I wish you would send some of that sunshine/heat up here! my tomatoes are drooping...it's simply too grey and wet!