Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gumbo

No, not the kind you eat. Just a blog where I throw everything into the pot and see if I can get it all to make sense!

There is nothing in the house from which to make a meal. Seriously. I have spaghetti fixings but no ground meat. I have steaks - frozen. There are instant mashed potatoes but no milk. There's peanut butter and jelly but no bread. Okay, so it's grits and bacon for dinner tonight. Tomorrow night there will be food in the pantry - and not just boxes of fabric!

I'm kind of at a standstill this week on quilting. I have nothing completely prepped for applique. I've been too tired at night to cut fabric. I think I'm going to sew a binding on a quilt, so at least I can hand stitch it down and be doing something productive while I chill out at night. I'm real motivated to sew right now. I just need to get through this week, and I'm sure I'll be sewing like crazy this weekend.

A tad bit of a sinus infection and the weather getting hotter have me, well, a little under the weather. Nothing serious; just a general malaise. The blahs.

My friend, Ruthie, mentioned on her blog getting the Aunt Philly's Toothbrush Rugs video and starter kit. I picked up this video at Road, but didn't get the starter kit, and that's where I'm kind of stuck. These looks like they're fun to make. I might try a tiny one out of those strips I've got cut up just to see where it takes me. And if that works out, then I'm going to tear up some of that stash and make up some gifts or whatever. I think I'll be lucky to get one done, but who knows!

Another friend, Gail, is having a give-away on her blog. Gail has just started her own company making these beautiful cards! Congratulations, Gail! Wishing you every success in your new endeavor!

Jane is working different days this week Ginger's, so I stopped by both last night and tonight. Didn't buy a thing. Just breathed their air. Oh, and worked on the puzzle that's always out on a table.

So there you have it - gumbo. Just a little bit of nothing from my corner of the universe.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Mine is still sitting by the sofa, but I just haven't had a moment to sit down in the evening to get started.
Hope work is better today!

Granny said...

I didn't know you bought the toothbrush stuff at Road . . did I? I bought the supplies once but never made a rug and don't know where it all is now. Speaking of gumbo . . I made shrimp gumbo last week before I got sick and I think that's about the last cooking I've done. Haven't touched the stove in 4 or 5 days.

CONNIE W said...

Just popping in to say 'Hi'. Maybe the weekend will be great to make up for the week's stuff.

Pattie said...

Hey, gumbo's good - especially since this is my first visit to your blog! Where in LA are you? I'm in Ventura County.

I LOVE the blocks in your previous post. Seriously, they are gorgeous! I can’t wait to see the finished quilt.