Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, Monday



I dropped the first quilt top off at Ginger's tonight. But in the spirit of sewing at least an hour every night, I got back to these blasted HSTs. There are a million of them.



Then I realized I twisted my back worst than I originally thought today. It was hurting too badly to sit at the sewing machine. I picked up the pumpkin block I prepped last week and took a few stitches. I need to fix that hat brim. I don't like that gray piece on there. It's supposed to be the inside of the brim of the hat. I don't get it. Need to rethink that part of it. At least there's plenty to applique down before I get to that.

I'm heading upstairs to get prone on a heating pad. All I did was take a step out of the lobby of the building and I felt the pull, lower left side. Crap, I'm getting older than dirt. When did that happen? How come I'm falling apart? And why do I look like my mother? Sigh ..........

6 comments:

Patti said...

Oh boy - can I relate! I need another copper ring for another arthritic finger. My knees are starting to hurt all the time. I weigh 40 pounds more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant, and when I look in the mirror I see my mother too!

As my mother always said - getting old is hell but the alternative is so much worse.

Granny said...

You're not older than dirt! I love your pumpkin block. I went to bed with a back ache last night too but didn't even think about it til I read your blog so I guess mine is gone. Hope your back is much better today.

Kim said...

Your HST photo looks suspiciously like my HST photo--for a second, I thought I had accidentally clicked on my own blog! LOL! Hey, there are worse things than looking like your mother--you could look like your male relatives instead! ROFLOL! I hope your back starts feeling better soon--back pain is no picnic.

julieQ said...

I am sorry, I can sure relate to the back pain! I bet you are younger than me...I love your pumpkin block! You get so much done...

Mary ann said...

Isn't that grey thing on the hat a band, and not the inside of the brim?
You're not older than dirt - I am! Sure hope your back is better soon.
Mary Ann

Nan said...

It doesn't take much to tweak your back. Many years ago, I bent down to feed the dog and couldn't stand up straight! The pain was excruciating, and I was a mere 30 y/o when I did it! So, you're not older than dirt, Vicky! You just zigged when you should have zagged.
Love the HST photo - so pretty and so much work! I really like the pumpkin block, too.