Thursday, June 08, 2006
This one is 99.99% done. Just need to figure out how to make buttonholes on my machine. The top quilt panel buttons to the back quilt. There are four or five more panels in this series. I want it to hang above my sewing machine table. Maybe this weekend I'll tackle this project. I need to block it also so it'll hang straight. I accidentally sewed the binding on backwards, and instead of just stitching it down on the front, I took the binding off. I'm afraid I stretched the borders a tad. I think I can block it flat again. This was the project in the four-day Robyn Pandolph workshop I took at Road to California 2003. I'm going to pull out another panel and get it prepped next week.
It's scary how many almost finished UFOs I have languishing around. Time to get organized here!
Today was a good day.
My gratitude: The bookshelves are being delivered tomorrow night - finally!