Sunday, June 18, 2006
I've had piles of flat folded FQs still downstairs around my sewing table from when I was making Around The Block. Rather than just haul them back upstairs (out of sight; out of mind) I decided to do something with a stack of reds.
The Shooting Star pattern, 6.5" block, is real easy. But I was having quilter's guilt throwing out the cut-aways from the corners. So I decided to go ahead and piece those together, too. I cut a huge stack of reds into squares and put them into a plastic tub, and then pulled a four yard cut of WOW from my stash. The picture is dark, but the reds run from very light to dark maroon. The red FQs are almost gone. :)
I think I'm going to decide on a quickie block for the blues and greens, too, just to clear them out of here. When I first started quilting, I bought a lot of random FQs, but hardly do so any more - except for those ever-tempting towers of a whole line. I might be able to clear off a whole shelf if I can stay on course here!
I went to a BBQ at my boss' house last night, and picked up the quilt that Miss Gracie designed. I've got my work cut out for me! I'll post a picture of that this week.
Still fighting a sinus headache. With everything pollenating now, it's going to be difficult to stay allergy-free. I guess I need to pay the doctor another visit.
My gratitude today is having the whole day to myself. It's nice to shower in the morning and just let the hair go curly for a change!