Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rd2CA Second Day Purchases


Still didn't enhance the stash too much. The tan is the yardage of Cherrywood fabric that I knew I was going to get for Judy's first Hour-A-Day project. So all in all, not bad.

I also got two silk batts to try playing around with. One is a Hobbs Tuscany Collection, 90% silk, 10% polyester. The other is a Richland 100% silk batt. I've always wanted to try them. I know it won't improve my meager machine quilting any, but, hey, a girl has to try new things, right? LOL

I met up on Saturday with two friends who had come down from Northern California for the show. Jane ended up having to work in the shop on Saturday, but we met her over there and then we all went out to dinner. What fun!

On Sunday, Jane and I met back at the quilt show. The winds had kicked up something fierce. In fact, it got so bad that late morning the vendors in the extra tent that had been set up were asked to evacuate because the tent was blowing around so much. I heard on the radio that the winds were gusting up to 60 mph. Those vendors were not happy to lose a half day of sales on the last day of the show.

Jane and I walked up and down every aisle at least twice. We each picked up another book or two and a pattern or two, and we had a chance to really look at the quilts. We ran into a friend who had a quilt hanging in the show. It's always fun to visit with our friend and her husband! Oh, I also picked up a precious redwork pattern with a Santa on it. Between the needle felting, punch needle, and now redwork, I think I have my work cut out for me in 2007!

I'm real anxious to start sewing on quilts I want to make, but I have to do that double Irish chain first for the boss. I've procrastinated long enough. I'm going to cut it this weekend and start sewing it. It'll take me two weeks to make, so best get going on it!

So the quilt show is over for another year. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, was bone tired at the end of the weekend, but truly inspired.

6 comments:

Silverthimble said...

It is wonderful that you could take in the show and come home with such treasures!

Debby Brown said...

I actually just talked to my friend who was vending in that tent -- no, they were not happy to lose those sales.

I'm glad you got to go to the show. Other than being in the tent, it sounded wonderful.

May Britt said...

It is always so fun to go to a show and see all the beautiful things. I envie you a bit all the shows that you can visit in usa, because in Norway there is not show's so often. The Norwegian Quilt association is having one in march and I am going there. You did a great buy this day too. Those Folk Art stitchery books are so nice. I had four of them, but one was stolen from me on a class I teached. I have not seen the Folk art christmas before. Perhaps it is new?

Unknown said...

I figured this was a great Road show for you this year! Glad to see you picked up some very nice and inspirational patterns and books and just a little fabric! Good for Vicky!!

Judy L.

Sweet P said...

What wonderful treasures to come home with from the quilt show. But I think the inspiration from a quilt show is even better.

Susan said...

How wonderful that you were there for two days. I miss getting to go, but it's probably for the best for my credit card. =)