Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Exhausted


It's been so crazy at work this week. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. I was so tired when I got home last night that I wanted to go straight to bed, but I made myself sit and applique a bit. Then when I finally went upstairs, I tossed and turned until 3:30 this morning - then fell asleep. Needless to say, it's been a long day!


I just finished the last circle on the first Bundling Board block. This is so easy. A good one to ease back into applique. Circles are my favorite thing to needleturn. They're still not perfectly round, but it'll get better. I just haven't done hardly any needling for the longest time. This felt good. But I had forgotten how stretchy all those wovens are. It'll need to be blocked before they're sewn together. And if it's a bit crooked -- oh, well, it's folk art!


6 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

OMG Vicky! I can't believe how quickly you've got that block done. It looks lovely and yes, it's folk art and no I can't see that the circles aren't perfectly round. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Gail

Darlene said...

You're circles aren't perfectly round - surely you jest. Please don't fret - I'll enjoy this quilt immensely. teehee!!!!

Jeanne said...

Oh, this is coming along nicely! This is one of the projects I have bagged up for myself, for 'someday' :)

Don't work too hard!

Jeanne

Eileen said...

Vicky,
The weekend will be here soon and you'll be able to relax and sleep in. The applique block is really cute-can't tell the circles aren't perfect at all.
Take care of yourself, don't get too run down.

Shelina said...

I like the idea of folk art applique too - so flexible, and easy to say it was a design choice. I haven't done much applique at all, so I need all the leeway I can get. Stress is good - it shows you how strong you are and how much you can accomplish.

Nancy said...

Your Bundling Board block is looking nice. And soooo quick! Sure hope things settle down at work soon.