Monday, September 01, 2008

Star BOM Block #3



Well, that was easy! Not my best sewing efforts, but that is completely "user error"! LOL. It's hard to sew and watch news reports on Gustav at the same time.

I need to go prep and make a little Dutch Treat block to commemorate Gustav. I started appliqueing those blocks on July 4, 2004, and have over 100 done. I'm using the book as a diary of sorts, writing important events and the date on the page with the block. They're really small so it shouldn't take but about an hour to do.

I just talked to Don and Gail. Gustav has made landfall and has weakened significantly. Because it's coming at them sideways across land, it will be less than Cat 2 strength by the time it gets to them. The rain bands have not been too bad so far, but their power is out and a huge pear tree broke in half. The worse should reach them in about four hours. Of course, it's not over until it's over, but it seems at this point that they will be safe. However, I'm not going to stop worrying and praying until tomorrow!

9 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Wow! Vicky, you are so quick!! I'll be doing my #3 later this afternoon. No hurricanes to worry about up my way but snow will be falling before I'm ready if I don't get outside and start doing some serious yard work!

Beautiful fabrics in your block, by the way.

pdudgeon said...

so glad that your family is safe thus far in the storm!
Beautiful work on the block. i love those fabrics.

little acorns said...

I'm with you on the continuing to pray for all those in the path of Gustav. We had a "big" storm the other night & I was going to blog about it. . . & then realized it paled in comparison to what is happening in the gulf coast. I'm so glad to hear that Gail & Don are doing well. Love your blocks. . . wish I could do a BOM! I bought the Moda Mystery one from this past year & haven't even started one! . . . ( . . someday!)
Glad your feeling better! xo, Bren

Unknown said...

You're fast! I just now saw the instructions for block #3. I love your colors!

SueR said...

Wow, you are fast! I am still not able to get the pdf file, so I just drafted it into my EQ program so I could get started. Your block looks very nice!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Good news that the storm is slowing down a bit. Your block is lovely - you made that one in record time!
Cheers!
Evelyn

Unknown said...

Love the colours. I have not been able to do block 2 as yet due to my sister in law arriving from new zealand. Have not seen her for 4 years, have a lot of catching up to do.

Gail said...

So soft and pretty...and quick!! I haven't started yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Marla said...

So glad all is ok with your family! Living on the Gulf Coast, I always breathe a sigh of relief when the hurricane season is OVER!