Sunday, January 11, 2009

576 HSTs


This sure doesn't look like a day and a half of work, does it? 576 HSTs, 2" finished.

I was dreading each step of the process. In hindsight, the cutting apart, de-papering and ironing went quickly. The sewing was the most boring part!

Now these little puppies will be turned into 132 pinwheels, and then into 60 blocks, 12 Side A triangle blocks, and 12 Side B triangle blocks. I'll keep plugging away on this quilt top, but it won't be finished for a couple of weeks. I probably won't get much sewing in next weekend.

Thank you, Judy, for the Quiltathon Weekend inspiration! It was fun to sew with everyone!

6 comments:

Julia said...

Are you kidding? 576 HST's seems like a lot to me! Way to go! I am impressed! :~)

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! That's fabulous progress!

Jean said...

Wow, you are doing well...that is a lot of HSTs to make and so small too.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

I am using HSTs too in my current project but I can't imagine doing that many in one sitting. Great job! Can't wait to see your quilt. Bet it will be lovely.

swooze said...

I was right with you on this all weekend. I only made 88 2" HSTs for pinwheels. Ugh!

pdudgeon said...

they look BEAUTIFUL!!!

We'll have to crown you Queen of the HST's for 2009. that's quite an accomplishment.