Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stash Report Week 2

Still hanging in there. Next weekend will be the big test if I go to Road to California quilt show. I might show up here for my third week stash report with my tail between my legs!

I finished up the borders and pieced the backing on the Merry & Bright from last week, so no UFO there! It's in the to-be-quilted pile.

Today I cut the Heritage kit, so I'm going to count it busted. 12.375 yards. Backing will get busted after I've completed the top. I think I'm going to add a four inch border around the quilt. I don't know. I'm still contemplating that. It finishes at 91" square as designed, but the perfect quilt for my bed is 100". The border will bring it closer to size. I bought extra fabric last year in anticipation of doing this. We'll see how I feel about it later.

Oh, and $10.84 into my savings account for the Triangles on a Roll I picked up last night! I decided that all quilty dollars will be matched in my savings, not just fabric purchases. I buy a lot of books and patterns, so those bucks should be counted, too.

Year-to-Date Totals:

Busted: 27.50 yards
Purchased: 0 yards
Net YTD: 27.50 yards busted

11 comments:

Yvette said...

I started matching my spending too. I can't believe how much I have had to put away and it is only the 11th of the month. I hate to see how much it is after Road To Calif.

Granny said...

If you do come back with your tail between your legs, could we please have a picture? :) Good stash report! I'm so proud of you! Good luck next week and you know . . if you do purchase a few things, it's not the end of the world. Some things you wouldn't have the opportunity again to purchase. We can still buy stuff but we have to think seriously about it and not buy with reckless disregard for reason . . whatever reason might be! :)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

2 weeks and no fabric purchases! Way to go! Go to the show and have fun, but not TOO much fun! Definitely post pictures of any purchases!!!

Vicki W said...

The savings account match is a great idea!

Bon said...

Vicky, I love the savings account match. If I did this for all my hobbies, I either would not buy as much to begin with or I'd have a lot set aside for a trip -- New Zealand maybe.

Shannon said...

Good Idea! Have fun on the Road....

Stephanie D said...

That's a good idea to match the money spent--it would probably make me think 3 or 4 times before making a purchase.

Carol said...

Good for you Vicky! Have lots of fun at Road.

Ruthie said...

WOW, you are off to a great start and I love the matching funds idea.

Lori in South Dakota said...

yes, a picture of the *possible* purchases is something to look forward to!!

Kathy said...

Hey Girl! You're off to a terrific start this year. And the savings account idea is a good one.